Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My new Z900 mods so far  (Read 666 times)

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
My new Z900 mods so far
on: April 18, 2021, 02:22:15 AM
Thought I'd do my own mod thread, just to keep track and for anyone else that is interested. Picked up my 2021 Z900 on the 31st March 2021 after a 2 and a half month wait, bought it at RSM Motorcycles Wauchope. I'd also ordered sliders, tank pad, bigger screen and bobbins. I had also pre-purchased a RadGuard, tail tidy, 83 degree valves and bobbins for my Abba Skylift.

Picked up the bike the tank pad and the bobbins were on the bike the screen and sliders weren't in but I was assured they would be in when I had the bike serviced. I took the RadGuard with me and they fitted it for me.

After riding on the Saturday I fitted the tail tidy and some short levers I'd bought off a guy on facebook.

Had the bike serviced a week later and the screen and sliders fitted. I also removed the Oxford bobbins the shop had fitted (I ordered Kawasaki ones) and fitted some Evo1 which protect the swingarm better.

I had the bike detailed and ceramic coated

Since then I fitted the SW-Motech Blaze saddlebag mounts but haven't finished mounting the bags

Offline Flyingraptor

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Belgium
Re: My new Z900 mods so far
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 05:46:31 PM
Looks good! One tip on the SW Motech Blaze panniers: put some protective layer between the panniers and the tail of the bike. The panniers will rub the paintwork. I used a thin, 5 mm layer of EVA foam for protection. In addition, make sure to fasten them well. On my bike, they had the tendency to shift forward during riding.
Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 05:48:07 PM by Flyingraptor

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 01:52:20 AM
*Originally Posted by Flyingraptor [+]
Looks good! One tip on the SW Motech Blaze panniers: put some protective layer between the panniers and the tail of the bike. The panniers will rub the paintwork. I used a thin, 5 mm layer of EVA foam for protection. In addition, make sure to fasten them well. On my bike, they had the tendency to shift forward during riding.

Thank you for the tips  :460:

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 01:45:18 AM

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 09:23:01 AM
Got just under 3,000 km on the Z and noticed my headers dis-colouring and looking gross

Threw it up on the Skylift and noticed the radiator tanks also grotty

Tried some Brasso and while they came up better I'm not totally happy. Might have to get some Autosol or MAAS Auto polish. The radiator came up good forgot to take photos of it.