Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gas mileage/meter questions  (Read 586 times)

Offline dflowers0122

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900B
  • Town / City: Boise, ID
Gas mileage/meter questions
on: April 20, 2021, 12:17:08 PM
Hello,

A few question regarding a 2019 z900 abs:

(1) Whats the gas mileage on these things? I thought one article I read said something like 40mpg.

(2) Is there an ideal rpm/speed to get the most gas efficiency?

The reason I ask these questions is because I just filled up my bike on Saturday and there is only 4 out of the 6 gas tickers on my display screen left. Now being a brand new rider I have been having some fun with the bike and going fast a lot and revving it quite a bit. But I was also wondering if something is wrong with the bikes gas meter. Again just filled up Sat today and 4 gas tickets out of the 6 are remaining 

Anything helps. Thanks.
Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:18:24 PM by dflowers0122

Offline kynax

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Montreal
Re: Gas mileage/meter questions
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 03:47:18 PM
I ger around 5.5 to 6L / 100km, which translates to about 40mpg, so that makes sense.

The tank is not that big, and the fuel guage not that precise, so I usually go by the trip counter instead. 250km is the max I'll go before filling up.

Make sure you fill it up all the way to the top, you might not have been completely full when filling up.

Offline jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 10:19:57 PM
I get that sometimes depending on which gas station I use. If my Z is on an incline/decline at the pump it tends to click as if it's full but when I get on level ground after leaving the pump then it shows it wasn't completely full.

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 01:48:25 AM
*Originally Posted by kynax [+]
I ger around 5.5 to 6L / 100km, which translates to about 40mpg, so that makes sense.

The tank is not that big, and the fuel guage not that precise, so I usually go by the trip counter instead. 250km is the max I'll go before filling up.

Make sure you fill it up all the way to the top, you might not have been completely full when filling up.

I get US 45MPG, the tank is 17L which is pretty typical for this style of bike. I have gone over 300 km (185 miles) and still had 2 L left. DON'T fill it all the way to the top you WILL have fuel escape from the overflow, fill to the bottom of the neck.

Offline kynax

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Montreal
Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 01:32:31 PM
*Originally Posted by MaverickAus [+]
DON'T fill it all the way to the top you WILL have fuel escape from the overflow, fill to the bottom of the neck.

You're right, I didn't explain myself properly.
I've seen too many people put the whole gas nozzle in the tank, in which case the cutoff triggers way before the tank is full.

Offline iakona

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: New York
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 02:07:04 PM
Not sure on the numbers but it gets good mileage. Honestly I do not care about that. I just ride and ride and when she needs petro I fill and keep riding. Rinse and repeat.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 02:51:03 PM
*Originally Posted by dflowers0122 [+]
I just filled up my bike on Saturday and there is only 4 out of the 6 gas tickers on my display screen left. Now being a brand new rider I have been having some fun with the bike and going fast a lot and revving it quite a bit. But I was also wondering if something is wrong with the bikes gas meter. Again just filled up Sat today and 4 gas tickets out of the 6 are remaining 

You answered your own question- of course it's gonna use fuel....

"The ride is the reason"

Offline dflowers0122

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900B
  • Town / City: Boise, ID
Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 06:09:10 PM
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
You answered your own question- of course it's gonna use fuel....

Okaaaaay....this was helpful. Just typing to type.