Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lets go!  (Read 347 times)

Offline Zedly weapon

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Leigh-on-Sea
Lets go!
on: April 30, 2021, 08:58:49 AM
Alright?
2019 z900.

Interested in getting to know the bike more, love it... know Ill be keeping it for years but will have questions here and there.
First up, got a throttle issue that developed after leaving the bike sitting in a freezing garage for 2 weeks without use.
Somethings stuck somewhere. Bike warms up on choke then the auto choke revs to 3000. It did have an engine light on (code 62) but the light isnt on now. Went off after a day
Taking it in to get looked at Wednesday but what am i going to expect?

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
Re: Lets go!
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 09:26:36 AM
So are you saying after the engine warms up the revs stay at 3000?

Offline Zedly weapon

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 09:40:44 AM
Hi, yes....
My cold startup routine at the moment is press ignition, the expected choke auto rev of 2000, hang about for a couple of minutes (put earplugs in).... bike auto revs up to 3000 after warming up (first block on the temperature gauge appears)
I manually turn the accelerator the opposite direction at this point amd it sits happily sonewhere between 1000 and 1500
When i dont do this, this bike is a nightmare to control for the first couple of streets.
Might be paranoid but also think closing the accelerator at high speed produces too much what feels like engine braking in 6th

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 10:42:25 AM
*Originally Posted by Zedly weapon [+]
Hi, yes....
My cold startup routine at the moment is press ignition, the expected choke auto rev of 2000, hang about for a couple of minutes (put earplugs in).... bike auto revs up to 3000 after warming up (first block on the temperature gauge appears)
I manually turn the accelerator the opposite direction at this point amd it sits happily sonewhere between 1000 and 1500
When i dont do this, this bike is a nightmare to control for the first couple of streets.

Does it settle down to normal idle at all? Or remains at 3000 rpm idle for the entire time the motor is running?

*Originally Posted by Zedly weapon [+]
Might be paranoid but also think closing the accelerator at high speed produces too much what feels like engine braking in 6th

All internal combustion engines with a manual transmission produce engine braking especially at high speed / RPM

Not being a dick but do you have much experience with riding motorcycles?

Offline Zedly weapon

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 02:53:22 PM
...... turned out to be salt build. not cleaned properly after heavy use in the winter (oops) 
not getting on a train in covid!