Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Member From MA (With a ? Already!)  (Read 4682 times)

Offline FueledByKawi

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Leominster
New Member From MA (With a ? Already!)
on: September 11, 2017, 08:26:58 PM
Hey folks! Seasoned rider here from Massachusetts.

Last year I sold off my 07 ZX-10R but ever since I've been having the itch to get back into riding. I've always been a sportbike rider, having had a CBR F4i, an R1, and ZX10, but the riding position was beginning to get to me. The Z900 seems to feel a decent compromise between power and positioning that I think I could ride for longer periods of time without becoming fatigued in either the back, hands, or wrists. That being said, we're nearing the end of the riding season up north, and rumor has it the 2018's are due to debut in or around October if I'm not mistaken? Is now quite possibly the worst time to begin the search for one of these? Should I wait until the new year when the 2018's arrive to look for a leftover? Or should I expect to come in close to MSRP regardless if I buy now or wait until February to pick one up from a dealer? I'm not too worried about saving a hundred dollars or so, but if the price difference will be ~ $1,000 or more, it might be tempting to wait out the season, despite my itch.

Thoughts/Suggestions highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2020 GSXS 1000
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Re: New Member From MA (With a ? Already!)
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 11:08:33 PM
 :400:

the Z900 is a new bike this year and Kawi pretty much nailed their intended  target. I would expect nothing but potential color schemes so with that said.......
I bought my ABS model in Mid July for $550 under MSRP, dealers will not want to carry inventory over the winter. I also  have to believe Kawi will now offer rebates to help clear inventory before the  18's hit the floors.
You  will get your best deals now   :028:
and just so you know I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night  :821:
2020 GSXS 1000

Offline OKZ

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 12:15:28 PM
Don't expect rebates of up to a $1K, these bikes have a small profit margin and if you are able to $500 below MSRP you are doing very good. If you have the means and you really want a Z then I would start shopping now and if you find the one at what you believe is a good price then grab it. If you can't find the "one" you can always walk away until you do.
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.

Offline FueledByKawi

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 08:55:59 PM
Quick update. I called a few local dealers and the price was about what I expected until I called the third. They have a sale going on to clear their inventory so as of now I am at my bank with a purchase and sale agreement for the ABS model at a price of $7999 after all fees except sales tax of $534 and title fee Of $75. I didn't need to negotiate, they came out the door with that price. I almost fell out of the chair.

Offline OKZ

• Z900 Master
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:09:18 PM
*Originally Posted by FueledByKawi [+]
Quick update. I called a few local dealers and the price was about what I expected until I called the third. They have a sale going on to clear their inventory so as of now I am at my bank with a purchase and sale agreement for the ABS model at a price of $7999 after all fees except sales tax of $534 and title fee Of $75. I didn't need to negotiate, they came out the door with that price. I almost fell out of the chair.

That's excellent, I got a similar deal on mine for an ABS. What color did you get?

Offline FueledByKawi

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 10:28:58 PM
The pearl mystic grey model. If they had it in the non abs I would have bought the cheaper model but I was pretty dead set on that color scheme.

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 10:35:03 PM
The pearl mystic grey model. If they had it in the non abs I would have bought the cheaper model but I was pretty dead set on that color scheme.

please forgive him ef ... he is young and confused  :169: :169:

2020 GSXS 1000

Offline FueledByKawi

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 11:07:50 PM
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
please forgive him ef ... he is young and confused  :169: :169:

What do you mean?

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 11:14:02 PM
What do you mean?

:431:

ninjaef lives in his own little slice of the net where the only color... acceptable color of bike .... ( that is the absence of color )  is the all black, any and all other  colors are unacceptable  :110: :110:
I was trying to run interference for you before his  loveable self appears  :001:
Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:17:05 PM by ras
2020 GSXS 1000

Offline OKZ

• Z900 Master
Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 11:15:49 PM
What do you mean?

A little inside joke concerning getting  the gray and not the Black, pertains to another member on the boards.

You got the right one, the one you wanted. And as for ABS, it's really come down in cost and it is well worth having. You'll never know it until you have to stop the bike in a panic under an emergency situation. Once you get about 100 miles on her, go to a large parking lot and bed-in the pads. Look online on how to best to bed-in the pads and then once completed practice stopping very aggressively. This will help you get a real good feel for the brakes and how the ABS works when it kicks in.