Author Topic: Rideology - what a piece of junk.  (Read 9354 times)

• Offline broderp   us

• Z900 Pro  ‐    231
    • Topic Author

Offline broderp

• Z900 Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Z900 ABS
    Rideology - what a piece of junk.
    on: May 07, 2021, 03.20 pm
    May 07, 2021, 03.20 pm
    I'm glad I didn't buy the Z900 for the Rideology app or I would be so ticked!  Still, the marketing hype sort of got me interested only to find that it is horrible, Horrible HORRIBLE!  :230:

I get that not all bikes will have all features, but the basic features of this app do not work for me.  I can link to my phone - man is this a PIA - and on the off chance the app connects to the bike I can see my current settings, but no matter what I cannot change anything.  Something as simple as the riding mode is not selectable to change.   A few days ago the app stopped opening on my phone altogether.  :138:

Is this an Android thing?  I hear that iphone users fare much better.  Does Apple own Kawasaki?   :164:

How in the hell does this not get resolved?  Am I in the minority here?  I'm sort of disappointed that Kawasaki put their name on this crap.

I'm Just venting, but I'm curious as to what your experience is with it.

Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03.20 pm by broderp

• Offline Mean Green Angel   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    35

Offline Mean Green Angel

• Z900 Member
    • Bike: 2020 Kawasaki Z900
    • Town / City: Northglenn
    Re: Rideology - what a piece of junk.
    Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 04.12 pm
    May 07, 2021, 04.12 pm
    I had issues with the app for several months, and it was unusable. Back in January, I think, they updated it. I finally got it to work after I turned on all permissions for it in the app manager and messed with a bunch of settings in the app itself. I still only get notifications for email (Gmail, specifically. Not AOL) and phone calls, not text. Most everything else seems to work now.

• Offline broderp   us

• Z900 Pro  ‐    231
    • Topic Author

Offline broderp

• Z900 Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 04.34 pm
    May 07, 2021, 04.34 pm
    *Originally Posted by Mean Green Angel [+]
    I had issues with the app for several months, and it was unusable. Back in January, I think, they updated it. I finally got it to work after I turned on all permissions for it in the app manager and messed with a bunch of settings in the app itself. I still only get notifications for email (Gmail, specifically. Not AOL) and phone calls, not text. Most everything else seems to work now.

Must be a very flakey app.  I just installed the app like 4 days ago, so its the latest revision.  I'm looking at uninstalling and reinstalling to see if I can even get it to work.  I do not believe I blocked any permissions but will be sure to check that.   I can't be alone as the app has like a 1.5 star rating.  A quick scroll threw the reviews paints a clear picture.   Kawasaki can make a great motorcycle, but they need a better app team. 

I'm on a Samsung NOTE 20 Ultra 5G if that matters any.

EDIT: As I looked at the app after posting the above, I see there is an update.  Let's hope they fixed SOMETHING!! I'll try it at lunch and see...
    Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 04.35 pm by broderp

• Offline broderp   us

• Z900 Pro  ‐    231
    • Topic Author

Offline broderp

• Z900 Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 05.01 pm
    May 07, 2021, 05.01 pm
    I couldn't wait.  Updated the app and after a force stop, it started to open normally.  I allowed all permissions to start testing operation. 

My motorcycle very quickly connected to it (huge improvement) but alas - NOTHING else has changed.  I did not try to log a ride, but I don't have high hopes for that to be fixed either.

• Offline MattR   england

• Forum Help and Support
    • Z900 Pro  ‐    244

Offline MattR

• Forum Help and Support
    • Z900 Pro
    Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 06.35 pm
    May 07, 2021, 06.35 pm
    1.5 stars on Google Play says it all !  :001:

• Z900 Member  ‐    35

Offline Mean Green Angel

• Z900 Member
    Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 07.01 pm
    May 07, 2021, 07.01 pm
    The 1.5 stars does tell you how many users are having issues. I asked my salesman about it, and he didn't have an answer.

All I can say to get as much functionality as possible (fuel level, ride mode settings,, mileage, email notifications, and call notifications) is to turn on all permissions in the app manager of your phone and turn on the notification settings in the app located on the "general" tab of the "tuning" page. I am on a Samsung Galaxy Note10.
    Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 07.22 pm by Mean Green Angel

• Offline broderp   us

• Z900 Pro  ‐    231
    • Topic Author

Offline broderp

• Z900 Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 10.03 pm
    May 07, 2021, 10.03 pm
    *Originally Posted by Mean Green Angel [+]
    The 1.5 stars does tell you how many users are having issues. I asked my salesman about it, and he didn't have an answer.

All I can say to get as much functionality as possible (fuel level, ride mode settings,, mileage, email notifications, and call notifications) is to turn on all permissions in the app manager of your phone and turn on the notification settings in the app located on the "general" tab of the "tuning" page. I am on a Samsung Galaxy Note10.

Did that.  100% permissions allowed.  Nothin.  :172:

• Offline bobw   england

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 Pro  ‐    178

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 Pro
    • Bike: 2020 Z900FLF
    • Town / City: Southampton UK
    Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 05.07 pm
    May 08, 2021, 05.07 pm
    When i bought my 2020 last year the info I got from supplying dealer was that not to expect too much as not all Kawasaki models with this bluetooth feature have all the app  options installed so quite a lot of the features of the app won't work. If I remember correctly only the H2 has full compatibility with the app.My biggest gripe when it works is you have to go through pairing set up every time you switch ignition on it just doesn't remember connection settings.
    Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.

• Z900 Member  ‐    35

Offline Mean Green Angel

• Z900 Member
    Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 05.23 pm
    May 08, 2021, 05.23 pm
    It remembers me, as long as I have the location and Bluetooth on and I have opened the app beforehand so the little motorcycle icon is in the notifications bar.

• Offline Don Crashing   se

• Z900 Junior Member  ‐    7

Offline Don Crashing

• Z900 Junior Member
    • Bike: Z900 2020
    • Town / City: Stockholm
    Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 10.03 pm
    May 08, 2021, 10.03 pm
    Apple fanboy here, how does the app work on iOS?

rockbound