Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Additional running lights (LED)  (Read 687 times)

Offline superpig

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
Additional running lights (LED)
on: May 09, 2021, 06:24:03 PM
I tried to find something along the lines of what i need to know but didn't really get very far.

I've wanted to add some additional running lights just under the nose. (see attached image for placement). When it comes to messing with the wiring, I've never done anything other than cut and solder some indicator wires.

My question(s) is.. how and where can i tap into the wiring to be able to run 2 additionalled bulbs. Could i run something from the accessory point in the nose?

:027:

:431:

ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Offline 3alfa3

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Zagreb
Re: Additional running lights (LED)
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 07:19:25 PM
Be sure there is enough space after forks use their max travel.

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 08:26:46 AM
Depends on the current draw. Low draw (most LED running lights) could be plugged into the accessories plug, high draw (spot lights) will need a relay and wiring harness and possibly a switch.
Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 08:27:55 AM by MaverickAus

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 11:28:57 PM
These might be just the thing youre looking for. They only draw 1 watt per light and you could easily wire them into the accessory wires.

https://www.bikevis.com/product/bikevis-bullets-v2-motorcycle-running-lights/
Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:29:44 PM by RobZ900
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline broderp

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900 ABS & Z400 ABS
Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 09:57:24 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
These might be just the thing youre looking for. They only draw 1 watt per light and you could easily wire them into the accessory wires.

https://www.bikevis.com/product/bikevis-bullets-v2-motorcycle-running-lights/

I'd be leary of that.   Not one image of thel lights themselves, just images of bikes with the lights supposedly mounted.  You may be greatly displeased with the product once you see it.  I' m not saying its a scam, butI wonder why there is no image of the lights themselves.  Maybe I have higher than average expectations of products I buy... :027:

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 03:02:01 AM
*Originally Posted by broderp [+]
I'd be leary of that.   Not one image of thel lights themselves, just images of bikes with the lights supposedly mounted.  You may be greatly displeased with the product once you see it.  I' m not saying its a scam, butI wonder why there is no image of the lights themselves.  Maybe I have higher than average expectations of products I buy... :027:

There is an image of them on there.

Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 05:09:28 PM
You dont use you auxiliary for a phone charger?! How do you survive?  :008: If youre not using it for anything else, you could use it for LEDs, no problem.
Check out https://www.oznium.com
I use their flush mount bolt lights for rear signals and theyre great.

Heres my old post.
https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,1382.msg17098.html#msg17098