Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Z900 A2 model de-restricted  (Read 388 times)

Offline Mogzy

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Cf32
Z900 A2 model de-restricted
on: May 10, 2021, 09:19:05 PM
So I bought what I thought was a z900 however turned out to be an A2 model! Fuming is an understatement....... (sold as seen private)

Heres what Ive done to my now z900

I took my bike to a Kawasaki dealer and asked them to de-restrict the ECU, this took them about 30mins and cost 35

I then ordered a K&N air filter from eBay. 79.99 along with z900 down pipes  (these need to be modified to fit the A2 variant) I fitted the K&N air filter, this is a pain in the ass! As you have to strip all the plastics off and remove the fuel tank....

Then with the normal z900 pipes at 41mm and the A2 pipes at 35mm, I had my partner (engineer) create an insert for the top of the pipes to fit the original header holes one end and the other end to fit the new exhaust, (had to replace the exhaust studs as the original ones werent long enough with the new exhaust fitted)  but the engine now has more room to breathe with the down pipes at 41mm!

I then ordered a link pipe and de-catd the exhaust before putting an akro slip on, without the baffle!

I then asked 2w to put the bike on the rolling road in Bridgend South Wales. The bike went from 88hp to the back wheel to 115hp (not quite the standard z900 power) but it now pulls in every gear and is very smooth compared to the jerky ness of the de restriction.

Im sure with a power commander it would be an absolute animal 😃

Needless to say its been a long ass process but worth it

Mogz!

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Re: Z900 A2 model de-restricted
Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 02:32:05 AM
Dang sounds like a bit of work but you got her pretty close now.

Offline rimacmateo

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900e 2020
  • Town / City: Split
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 04:12:45 PM
Could you just bore the engine from 35mm to 41mm instead making those inserts because it is stil 35mm at one point? Also i have read on this forum that the injectors pump less fuel than the standard z9 so check that out(dont take my word for granted). Also thsnk you i will do that to mine z900e in couple of years

Offline Mogzy

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Cf32
Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 04:23:02 PM
Yes the engine is still 35mm at one point with the adapted exhausts, however to bore the headers would be far harder as the cylinder heads are 35mm so you would have to bore right down ☹️ However the bike has now been on the rolling road so the fuel injection has been changed 🙂
Mogz!