Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aliexpress  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Simo

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Castleford
Aliexpress
on: May 16, 2021, 12:59:11 PM
New member so forgive if already asked
Ive seen lots of bling and bits for the Z900 on Ali express but Ive never used it before, has anyone had any experience of buying from them and getting shipped to the uk

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Merseyside/W Lancs.
Re: Aliexpress
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 05:11:06 PM
 It's fine I have not had any issues.
 Any package costing over 39 (including the shipping) COULD be subject to additional tax and admin fees so bear that in mind.
 I've always stuck to vendors offering PayPal so I don't divulge my card details. But that's just me.  :015:

P.S. WELCOME!
Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 05:12:46 PM by Cazzy_R
Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline broderp

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900 ABS & Z400 ABS
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 09:40:25 PM
Never bought motorcycle stuff from them.  Shipping to the USA is border line painfully slow.   Communication if you have issues is delayed days in my experience  - and that's even after i take huge precautions to be sure I pick a "reputable dealer".  That in itself is funny consider the fact I have only bought knock off lego kits and other LEGO/ Star Wars related merchandise.   :038:

Offline hazy

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: CO
Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 10:34:38 PM
I've bought my fair share of stuff off the site.  Some of it motorcycle related, others not at all.

As noted above, shipping to the US is pretty much the opposite of "expeditious" - plan on a month minimum, two just to be safe.

Haven't ever had any issues, maybe have a potential one on my hands now.  Ordered a 2nd seat cowl for the Z, and the tracking appears to have been lost during shipment.  Messaged the seller and they said they'd ship another...it remains to be seen, but even if it never shows, I'm only out 30$ lol

Generally speaking, it's a low-risk proposition, just try to seek decent sellers and don't expect to get it with any sort of quickness

Offline Knuckles52

• Z900 Member
  • Dress for the slide not the ride.
  • Bike: 2020 Z900 Grey/Black
  • Town / City: Indiana
Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 04:23:58 PM
*Originally Posted by broderp [+]
Never bought motorcycle stuff from them.  Shipping to the USA is border line painfully slow.   Communication if you have issues is delayed days in my experience  - and that's even after i take huge precautions to be sure I pick a "reputable dealer".  That in itself is funny consider the fact I have only bought knock off lego kits and other LEGO/ Star Wars related merchandise.   :038:

So much cheaper and honestly it's way cooler what the Chinese factories put out versus Lego. Personally like Mould King products.

Offline Simo

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 04:28:05 PM
Hazy let me know what you think of the cowl. Re colour and fit , the prices from kwak over here is extortionate

Offline hazy

• Z900 Member
Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 05:21:17 PM
*Originally Posted by Simo [+]
Hazy let me know what you think of the cowl. Re colour and fit , the prices from kwak over here is extortionate

So this one that I've got currently on order will be my 2nd cowl from Aliexpress.  I may or may not have imbibed a bit too much one evening and dropped the first one onto the garage floor, scratching it up just a tad.  Nothing super big, but it bothered me so I ordered a second one just because they're that cheap.

In short, I was floored at how well paint matched.  Fit is good, too.  It is def a snug fit, but looks FAR better than I would've expected, thus my ordering another.

in order to avoid re-typing everything, check out this post where I went into pretty good detail on it.  Summary:  I'm thrilled - it cost me something like 30-35 USD (about 1/10 of what kawi is asking!) and outside of not having any logo/branding, I'm pretty confident nobody could tell it was a copy.  In this post linked below, I have a link to some pics of the cowl, so def give it a quick look!

https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,4444.msg54779.html

Offline Simo

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 08:04:05 PM
Cheers for that mate , nice bike , love the colour and the pipe, we cant get that colour in England. One last thing what does co stand for in USA city

Offline hazy

• Z900 Member
Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 08:18:19 PM
Thanks dude, hope your shopping goes well

CO stands for Colorado - I tend to shy away from getting too specific with regards to my location just out of paranoia, but figured I could at least put what state I live in :)

Offline Simo

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 08:39:55 PM
Cheers for the help, I live in Yorkshire in the north of England (gods own county) near a biker cafe called squires, take a look on you tube.
If youre ever out this way give me a shout and Ill take you for a growler. Youll have to look that up as well