Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2021 crash bars  (Read 622 times)

Offline Adri55

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Fresno
2021 crash bars
on: June 05, 2021, 12:50:25 AM
Hi! I tried to search through the forum, but couldn't find any info. Forgive me if it exists...
I've been looking all over and see a bunch of 2017-2019 and sometimes it includes 2020. Is 2020 model has the same body as 2021? Would the crash bars fit both years?
Does anyone have crash bars, other the SW Motech on the 2021 bike?

Online 3alfa3

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Zagreb
Re: 2021 crash bars
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 03:00:43 AM
*Originally Posted by Adri55 [+]
Is 2020 model has the same body as 2021? Would the crash bars fit both years?

Yes

Offline Adri55

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 06:36:45 PM
Does anyone have crash bars on 2020-2021or can recommend any particular kind? I only found 2 kinds - on made by SW-Motech and the other on is sold on Amazon for $399.

Offline Timevoid

• Z900 Member
Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 12:23:25 PM
*Originally Posted by Adri55 [+]
Does anyone have crash bars on 2020-2021or can recommend any particular kind? I only found 2 kinds - on made by SW-Motech and the other on is sold on Amazon for $399.

Not sure how you find your prices. SW motech cost 180 Euro or 219 USD. Not sure they ship to US. But I got em on both Honda and Z900 and both survives a crash with ease.
Looking for crashbars you need good steel and reputable manufacturer with accurate fitment to bolt holes in chassi. 

You can extend your search to "stuntcage" and get some other results.  I seen "CRAZY IRON" in real life and those are some very nice looking frames also. A bit bulky :D   I recomend try order from Malaysia or Thailand, aftermarket in Asia is huge. I wouldnt recomend Ali Express untill you actually done a crash with one of their crashprotections because of "fake" materials and shitty quality.

When you sell your bike later on you can sell your crashbars also and get some of your money back.  I prefer "bars" instead of "framesliders". Framesliders get caught in most stuff and bends and also bends the chassipart its attached to and sometimes breaks the frame.   Crashbars on other hand  are bolted to 3-4 locations and is extension of the chassi after mounting it. 

Offline Adri55

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 12:22:41 AM
*Originally Posted by Timevoid [+]
Not sure how you find your prices. SW motech cost 180 Euro or 219 USD. Not sure they ship to US. But I got em on both Honda and Z900 and both survives a crash with ease.
Looking for crashbars you need good steel and reputable manufacturer with accurate fitment to bolt holes in chassi. 

You can extend your search to "stuntcage" and get some other results.  I seen "CRAZY IRON" in real life and those are some very nice looking frames also. A bit bulky :D   I recomend try order from Malaysia or Thailand, aftermarket in Asia is huge. I wouldnt recomend Ali Express untill you actually done a crash with one of their crashprotections because of "fake" materials and shitty quality.

When you sell your bike later on you can sell your crashbars also and get some of your money back.  I prefer "bars" instead of "framesliders". Framesliders get caught in most stuff and bends and also bends the chassipart its attached to and sometimes breaks the frame.   Crashbars on other hand  are bolted to 3-4 locations and is extension of the chassi after mounting it.

Thank you for your reply. I have been looking for something other than SW-Motech bars, more  like the "stuntcage", but didn't use that keyword. I found some from Russia - crazy iron and ruchkagaza, but not much in the US so far. I'll try using the suggested keyword and see what comes up.  :152: