Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Arashi Rearsets on a z900 2020  (Read 876 times)

Online cmds

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • gotcha
  • Bike: z900 2020
  • Town / City: Paris
Arashi Rearsets on a z900 2020
on: June 06, 2021, 09:25:42 PM
Hello
I own a 2020 z900, I wanted to put some rearsets on it because I was scratching my pegs easily on track. There is not such a big choice for the 2020, so I wanted to try those from Arashi from china. There are quite plug and play until you have to trim a little bit of plastic from the boomerang shapped fairings.

Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 09:35:20 PM by cmds

Offline adamn58

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
Re: Arashi Rearsets on a z900 2020
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 04:58:09 PM
Looks great!  I am planning on putting those on mine as well.  How's the adjustment?  Also does it bring the pegs noticeably higher?  I too have an issue dragging the pegs with spirited riding on and off track.

Offline Z900-WA

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: spokane
Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 01:43:52 AM
I've got similar. Didn't need to trim anything but the adjustment is plenty for the $$. It's really just a few cm's in both directions but U will def notice a difference. The low setting is similar to stock. Up & back keeps them off the pavement & changes ergos more than I expected. with Q3+'s & good pavement I broke lean angle barrier from stock pegs on 1st ride. Fyi, Keep ur toes up & tight to bike or you'll easily catch em on pavement 🙌 There's no slider to warn u
Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 01:46:49 AM by Z900-WA

Online cmds

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • gotcha
Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 07:46:39 AM
As you can see on the 2 first photos, there are 4 positions. I went for the top front position, it's definitively higher. My right foot doesn't rest on the oem exhaust anymore, but now it touches the passenger's footpeg a bit. By the way, I like the sporty position, I feel more committed. Even if I was not expecting this, there is more room now for legs to touch the ground. I will give a try with the backward position later.
Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 07:47:13 AM by cmds

Offline Flyingraptor

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Belgium
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 09:08:25 AM
Interesting! Would these pegs also help to do the opposite, i.e. lower the pegs to create a bit more leg room and a less-tight bend of the knees?

Offline Z900-WA

• Z900 Member
Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 11:52:54 PM
*Originally Posted by cmds [+]
As you can see on the 2 first photos, there are 4 positions. I went for the top front position, it's definitively higher. My right foot doesn't rest on the oem exhaust anymore, but now it touches the passenger's footpeg a bit. By the way, I like the sporty position, I feel more committed. Even if I was not expecting this, there is more room now for legs to touch the ground. I will give a try with the backward position later.

I completely agree w cmds impressions. The seemingly minor changes to the location of the footpegs makes a much bigger difference to ur lower body positioning than you'd expect. I'm 6'2" & the up & back position really helps lock my legs in around the tank of the bike, which gives much better / more natural lower body positioning while riding agressively and just like he said, if u want put ur knee out or down its one smooth motion to drop down & lock back in after a corner vs stock pegs.

That said, I don't know about the extra leg room scenario, as the lowest forward position seemed nearly identical to stock on my bike but the whole point of rearsets is adjustability & w the 4 positions avail. its likely that one will fit u better than stock.

Another thing of note, is that I greatly prefer the rear brake lever / pedal that comes w the rearsets vs the stock one. U can adjust the toe peg length & height of lever in relation to the pegs which for my size 13's results in better feel & improved application of rr brakes w the added bonus of no longer burning my heel on my SC-Project Titanium CR-T slip-on.

All said & done, I think this style would work for most Z900 riders & without having to pay the Nearly $500 prices that the premium vendors charge for their similarly designed rearsets (which I simply could NOT justify spending) especially when only a few of them even offer any additional adjustment range vs. the arashis

Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:57:29 PM by Z900-WA

Offline NineseveN

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2021 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Pennsylvania
Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 05:05:39 AM
For like $140, apparently, I need these. I was going to do some sport pegs, but they'd cost $85 just to get some more leg-room with the existing lower body geometry as opposed to this, which gives better positioning overall.

Online cmds

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • gotcha
Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 07:46:25 AM
*Originally Posted by Flyingraptor [+]
Interesting! Would these pegs also help to do the opposite, i.e. lower the pegs to create a bit more leg room and a less-tight bend of the knees?

I dont think so. The lower position equals the oem position.

Online cmds

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • gotcha
Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 08:15:24 AM
*Originally Posted by Z900-WA [+]
I completely agree w cmds impressions. The seemingly minor changes to the location of the footpegs makes a much bigger difference to ur lower body positioning than you'd expect. I'm 6'2" & the up & back position really helps lock my legs in around the tank of the bike, which gives much better / more natural lower body positioning while riding agressively and just like he said, if u want put ur knee out or down its one smooth motion to drop down & lock back in after a corner vs stock pegs.

That said, I don't know about the extra leg room scenario, as the lowest forward position seemed nearly identical to stock on my bike but the whole point of rearsets is adjustability & w the 4 positions avail. its likely that one will fit u better than stock.

Another thing of note, is that I greatly prefer the rear brake lever / pedal that comes w the rearsets vs the stock one. U can adjust the toe peg length & height of lever in relation to the pegs which for my size 13's results in better feel & improved application of rr brakes w the added bonus of no longer burning my heel on my SC-Project Titanium CR-T slip-on.

All said & done, I think this style would work for most Z900 riders & without having to pay the Nearly $500 prices that the premium vendors charge for their similarly designed rearsets (which I simply could NOT justify spending) especially when only a few of them even offer any additional adjustment range vs. the arashis

Glad to see they fit taller persons. I am only 5.6 and I wear 8's shoes. I like the adujstability of the brake/shifter levers. Yes they defitively pushes you toward a sportier position which is fine with the z900. They are not focusing on comfort, they shorter than stock and I think they could be more grippy. By the way, they don't feel cheap but strong.

Offline Z900-WA

• Z900 Member
Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 02:26:50 AM
Hey Cmds,

Quick question re your Arashi Rearsets.

The other day after we were discussing the topic of Rearsets vs oem pegs location. I decided I'd test out the different locations again to compare . I started by lowering mine back down to the stock location, adjusted controls, blue loctited the bolts & went riding.

About 30 mins later my rr. brake lever nearly fell off the bike due to the primary attachment bolt (circled in pic) becoming completely unscrewed from the rearset but thankfully I was able to keep it from falling out of the lever before pulling over.

I'm hoping you installed more recently than me & can remember or hopefully even check on ur bike to confirm for me if possible.

1. I thought my set came with that bolt already attached to rearset & maybe by chance, I just didn't loctite that one & that's all I need to do to fix/ secure it, but I'm not sure.

2. Is there any nuts, locknuts or other form of retention that attach the lever to the rearset that may have fallen off completely that I should be aware of / replace on the opposite side of the bolt that helps secure the lever to the rearset & bike etc in order to prevent this from happening ever again

Right now, I'm thinking it's my fault & down to inadequate loctite on bolt but since my set didn't come w any diagrams, parts list or install instructions, I'm really hoping u can help confirm things for me to be safe and also to highlight the issue & help prevent it from happening to anyone else on here in the future.

Thanks in advance,

Brian