Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Arashi Rearsets on a z900 2020  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Z900-WA

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: spokane
Re: Arashi Rearsets on a z900 2020
Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 07:20:38 AM
NM.

Pretty sure I was able to get it figured out this morning.

I took it off & then back together w a new washer, locknut & loctite on the backside in hopes of preventing a recurrence, especially since tightening the locknut & bolt all the way was causing the pedal to stick a pit.

Feel free to lmk if yours is in fact different, but i didn't have any issues over the course of a few hr ride today & everything still looked & felt good afterwards. Guess I'll just keep an eye on for the time being and will post an update if it happens again.

Offline cmds

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • gotcha
  • Bike: z900 2020
  • Town / City: Paris
Reply #11 on: July 18, 2021, 01:34:19 PM
Hi, sorry for the late response. It also happened to me on the first ride, but on the other side : the only nut which was tighten out of the box, was the one where I didn't put loctite. So back in the garage, I put a generous amount on these. Yep, they take more vibrations than the stock foot pegs (You have probably noticed the weights under). By the way, they are great. Maybe they are bit too short and they could grip better. But for the price, it's a no brainer.
Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 01:35:22 PM by cmds

Offline Z900-WA

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: spokane
Reply #12 on: July 20, 2021, 03:45:53 AM
NP. Thanks for the info and confirming.

I thot i remembered it already being attached when received which is prob why i didn't loctite like everything else.

I've used & checked it quite a few times since reinstalling & havent experienced any further issues or loosening post reinstslling w loctite.

Fyi, the bearing for the brake pedal does extrude grease over time, so I'd reco double checking a few times a season just to be safe, as I'm pretty sure the excess grease is what caused the nut & bolt to come undone on mine. It was all over the bolt & backside of the rearset where the locknut gets secured which, over time might even render the blue loctite ineffective as well. We'll see, but just a heads up.

That said, I agree. They were def worth the investment. Good quality fit & finish w just enough adjustment to make a worthwhile difference when riding. How big-name Accy suppliers justify charging $500-600 for rearsets is something I honestly  just can not understand (Kinda like $250-$300 for simple chain adjusters)...

Don't get me wrong, In most cases I'm happy to pay a bit extra for made in the U.S. quality & manufacturing, but I just can't rationalize spending 5X more for a similar product, made w basically the same materials just a diff brand name. ✌

Offline cmds

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • gotcha
Reply #13 on: July 20, 2021, 12:37:35 PM
Thank you for your feedback of you bearings. I will check them too over time. Did you try other placement of you pegs ? Which one did you prefer the most ? I just kept to the upper/front, but I didn't try the others yet.

Offline cmds

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • gotcha
Reply #14 on: September 14, 2021, 09:00:09 AM
Last weekend, I put the bike on track for the first time, since I did this mode. Definitively an improvement to not think about them every time you lean, you just focus on your ride. However, I felt not perfectly comfortable to move my butt out of the seat, I couldn't open wide my leg to drag my knee down with the upper/forward position (I am 170cm, 5.5") I will move them backward and give it a try for the next time on track in october.
They still feel strong, but on the down side, the pegs are a bit narrow (especially the back brake), not as grippy as others, and you feel more vibrations at 8000rpm without the loads.
By the way, I am happy with them, they are not perfect, but having more clearance on track is definitively an improvement.