Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greetings from the Alps!  (Read 308 times)

Offline BJ

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900 '20
Greetings from the Alps!
on: June 10, 2021, 05:00:03 PM
Hello Riders! I've owned a lot of different bikes and after ten years of forced pause from riding I've decided to buy an used '03 ZX-6R (The Ol' Glory), after a year I've switched to the '19 6R, aesthetic and aerodynamics was a bit "meh" compared to the Ol' Glory, but cyclistics and engine was the best I ever tested in that class... Then after an year I had to switch again because of knee pain and bought the Z.
Overall it's a gorgeous bike, weak points are stock tires and suspensions, but for that price it's something I can live with, until now (8000km / 5000mi) the only issues were glued clutch plates (probably because of Bahrdal XT4-S @ low RPM commuting) and overheated brake pads (Alps Fun!).
See ya!

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Re: Greetings from the Alps!
Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 10:33:53 PM
Ciao

Sound like you got the Z figured out  :028: For me, the two biggest weak point were tires and stock seat.

As for brakes, I can't recommend the EBC FA347HH and FA140HH enough. I abuse them so much when in the mountains that my rotors turn a little blue. Then they clean off when riding normally. Never brake fade. But you do need to clean the calipers more (dust).

BTW: How far are you from Passo dello Stelvio?
SAVE OUR RACECARS! - Support the RPM Act - SEMA.ORG/RPM

Offline BJ

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 05:13:00 PM
Thanks for the pads suggestion, I will try 'em asap!
I live 300km from Stelvio, but I avoid that region because of sensless and dangerous speed limits in some roads (60km/h for motorcycles, 90km/h for cars), I have to find some time and go pratice at Adria Raceway... Maybe next year!

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 05:37:05 PM
Thats a shame but expected. It's even more restrictive on the other side (Swiss).

I lived in Padova for 2 years...which isn't far from Adria. Anyways, welcome to the forum.

BTW: Your English is perfect. Are you a local or foreigner there?
SAVE OUR RACECARS! - Support the RPM Act - SEMA.ORG/RPM

Offline BJ

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 03:20:49 PM
I'm italian, because of my profession I can understand almost everything that I read, but speaking and writing in English is still a hard challenge!
Well, twenty years ago I've had some great moments on AL-TN-FL roads with my old XV750 and the "heavy beast" ('81 HD Highway King), so learning to communicate was required in order to survive from hunger!  :001: