Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: trouble with delkevic complete system  (Read 422 times)

Offline iakona

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: New York
trouble with delkevic complete system
on: June 13, 2021, 05:36:40 PM
I have the delkevic complete system. installed the headers and connector no problem. However after that it seems there is an extra clamp that I am not sure where it goes. The mid pipe bolts onto where the breadbox was and there is a clamp already on the 4 way connector for this connection. There is a loose clamp with an attached flange for a bolt but not sure what this is for or where it is supposed to go. It seems the rest of material goes together but will be left with extra parts. Seems odd. The instructions sent with system are about useless as is the fitment guide on the website. Has anyone else had this issue or have this system that can help? Thinking it might be for attaching plastic back on but not sure.

Offline iakona

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Re: trouble with delkevic complete system
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 09:43:42 PM
Cancel that folks. Reached to someone on youtube that had a 2021 and connected via instagram and got some help.

Online Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 08:26:25 AM
Did you discover what the extra clamp was for?
I had the same issue.   I spoke to Delkevic and the guy on the phone had no idea what it was for either.   It's still knocking about my garage somewhere.
Z1000.  I had a 900 so you'll never get rid of me. NEVER!

Offline iakona

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 11:37:45 PM
*Originally Posted by Marco [+]
Did you discover what the extra clamp was for?
I had the same issue.   I spoke to Delkevic and the guy on the phone had no idea what it was for either.   It's still knocking about my garage somewhere.

Yes. After some searching around I got in contact with someone that has full delkevic system. It is to mount the small black plastic piece in the middle of the mid pipe. I don't really like the design and might end up removing it down the line. I wanted to put all the plastics back on but that little piece which is really just a guard for burning I guess isn't make or break. Hope this helped.