Author Topic: Anyone here running a CS racing exhaust?  (Read 6042 times)

• Offline jayecin   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    16
    • Topic Author

Offline jayecin

• Z900 Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2021 Z900
    Anyone here running a CS racing exhaust?
    on: Jun 27, 2021, 02.44 am
    Jun 27, 2021, 02.44 am
    Looking at exhaust systems and i really like the hidden factor of the CS Racing exhaust setup.  My only concern is sound level, I dont want to rattle windows as I go down the street, just want a more aggressive sound.  I know they offer the muffler and a full system and Im sure the muffler alone will be quieter, but I want to see if anyone can give me a review of the full system from experience?

https://csracingusa.com/products/2017-20-kawasaki-z900-slip-on-muffler-exhaust-db-killer-cs-racing-click-video

https://csracingusa.com/collections/kawasaki/products/2017-21-kawasaki-z900-full-exhaust-muffler-db-killer-cs-racing-click-for-video
    Current - 2021 Z900
    Previous - 2012 Ninja 1000
    Previous - 2009 Ninja 650

• Offline RobZ900   gb

• Z900 God  ‐    3172

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Wiltshire
    Re: Anyone here running a CS racing exhaust?
    Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2021, 04.49 am
    Jun 27, 2021, 04.49 am
    99dB with the baffle fitted, 101dB without it. For reference, a full Akrapovic system is 110dB.
    Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
    : a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

• Offline Frontline   us

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God  ‐    1829

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God
    • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
    • Town / City: Florida
    Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2021, 11.51 am
    Jun 27, 2021, 11.51 am
    It's criminal that they try to charge $400 for their "slip-on"...its nothing more than a tip for when you remove the OEM muffler. There is a huge posting here from years ago about doing an "$8 exhaust mod" if that is all you want. Most of us did this at first and some of us took it to the next level, inc myself (by modding the bread-box).

But their $740 full header is pretty nice. Especially for those that prefer not hanging a traditional slip-on on the side of the bike. Ultimately, I decided to go with a full Akrapovic because I would have the part in my hands in 3 days. When I contacted CS, they gave me around a 2 week time-frame.

The attention to detail and quality of the Akrapovic is second to none. Full stop! But if you really like the look of the under-slung exhaust and not in a hurry, the CS isn't too shabby. The one thing I really don't like is the large plastic trim that covers the CS muffler. I was intending to make my own if I went with CS - very similar to how the TaylorMade system looked (the most custom and best looking setups in the biz - RIP).

Last Edit: Jun 27, 2021, 11.55 am by Frontline
    SAVE OUR RACECARS! - Support the RPM Act - SEMA.ORG/RPM

• Offline Z900-WA   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    75

Offline Z900-WA

• Z900 Member
    • Town / City: spokane
    Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2021, 12.01 am
    Jun 28, 2021, 12.01 am
    *Originally Posted by jayecin [+]
    Looking at exhaust systems and i really like the hidden factor of the CS Racing exhaust setup.  My only concern is sound level, I dont want to rattle windows as I go down the street, just want a more aggressive sound.  I know they offer the muffler and a full system and Im sure the muffler alone will be quieter, but I want to see if anyone can give me a review of the full system from experience?

https://csracingusa.com/products/2017-20-kawasaki-z900-slip-on-muffler-exhaust-db-killer-cs-racing-click-video

https://csracingusa.com/collections/kawasaki/products/2017-21-kawasaki-z900-full-exhaust-muffler-db-killer-cs-racing-click-for-video

Checkout YT channel for "average car guy" he does the full install & i believe also has some on bike audio riding & comments re the baffle.

Honestly, I spent more on my SC-Project CR-T Titanium slip-on alone than I could've gotten the whole CS system for, but i wasn't aware of them until well after I'd installed. NTM, i wear a size 13 & it would've been really nice not to have to worry about burning my heels on the exhaust when I ride. From what ive seen & heard, their systems seem to be well made w good quality fit & finish, Especially for the money! & also puts out like like 5-7 extra hp on their dyno.

If I had it to do over again, I'd prob save the extra $600+ between headers & slip-on and just have gone w the CS full-system, but that said I do love the sound of my CR-T & M4 Headers, plus I get a lot of compliments on it from other riders too (I do wear plugs tho).

Fyi, make sure u include the cost of an ECU flash in your budget if you're gonna swap the headers. Moore mafia got great results w his flash on the Z900 & its only $200, or u can checkout Brock's performance for a flash now as well. I went w another vendor & if I keep my Z for next season, I'm def gonna get it redone over winter. It still feels identical to stock inc. snatchy throttle & same, stock rev-limit 😞
    Last Edit: Jun 28, 2021, 12.06 am by Z900-WA

• Offline Frontline   us

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God  ‐    1829

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God
    Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2021, 01.24 am
    Jun 28, 2021, 01.24 am
    *Originally Posted by Z900-WA [+]
    Fyi, make sure u include the cost of an ECU flash in your budget if you're gonna swap the headers. Moore mafia got great results w his flash on the Z900 & its only $200,
    About the Moore Mafia tune. The flash he has was created on a customers Z900 with a stock header but modified with the cat/box delete. Not doubting the guys capability with tuning, but if you go with a true FULL HEADER, look for a tuner that did the base tune on such a system. Not saying a M/M tune will not work on a full system, but there are really big differences in the dynamics of a modded OEM Vs. aftermarket.

RE: mail in flash, I would only trust Brock's or 2WDW (in the US).

• Offline jayecin   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    16
    • Topic Author

Offline jayecin

• Z900 Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2021, 02.32 am
    Jun 28, 2021, 02.32 am
    Oof 99 DB is too much for me.  Thanks for the input guys.  I agree that just the muffler is massively over priced, especially compared to the whole system.  The other exhaust I am heavily considering is SC-Project S1, but that is not a cheap system.  Probably start with just the muffler then.
    Current - 2021 Z900

• Offline Frontline   us

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God  ‐    1829

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God
    Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2021, 02.42 am
    Jun 28, 2021, 02.42 am
    The other exhaust I am heavily considering is SC-Project S1, but that is not a cheap system.  Probably start with just the muffler then.
    The S1 is loud. Pretty much all the SC project is...

Have you tried to just remove the stock slip-on? Its a very good sound but not loud at all.

• Offline jayecin   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    16
    • Topic Author

Offline jayecin

• Z900 Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2021, 04.19 am
    Jun 28, 2021, 04.19 am
    *Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
    The S1 is loud. Pretty much all the SC project is...

Have you tried to just remove the stock slip-on? Its a very good sound but not loud at all.

Wouldnt the S1 muffler be quieter than no muffler?
    Current - 2021 Z900

• Offline Frontline   us

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God  ‐    1829

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God
    Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2021, 04.49 am
    Jun 28, 2021, 04.49 am
    Wouldnt the S1 muffler be quieter than no muffler?
    On a full exhaust. There really is little point to putting an aftermarket slip-on on the original factory header. This is why I said to try pulling off the large OEM slip-on...you may be surprised how good it sounds while still being fairly quiet. Takes seconds so why not...  :027:

• Offline Z900-WA   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    75

Offline Z900-WA

• Z900 Member
    • Town / City: spokane
    Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2021, 08.55 am
    Jun 28, 2021, 08.55 am
    Sure. The header pipes & 4 into one vs 4-2-2 could prob make some difference, which is why I also suggested brocks, but the gains MM was able to demonstrate w a 3/4 exhaust/ cat-delete were def impressive to say the least.

I was trying to avoid name dropping but 2wdw is who did mine & I couldn't tell any difference whatsoever. Once my purchase was complete, CS communication became very poor (multiple follow ups & multiple days to get any response) plus they assured me they could do 11k Rev-limit before I paid, yet it is still at exactly the same as stock. Snatchy initial throttle, also identical.

I followed up with them about it & a few weeks later they responded, saying that I could resend it in for them to check it, cuz they were so busy at the time that it was poss the flash didn't get saved properly on the ecu or something...

Tracking showed it was delivered & then picked back up for return shipping in like 2 hours. & There wasn't a receipt or any paperwork in the box re the flash etc when I received my ecu back.

I also requested the dyno chart for their flash half a dozen times & it was always promised, but never sent. I eventually found it on here.

I know they've got a good rep & assume my experience was a one off (hopefully), which is why I've never posted anything about it publicly, but...

CS was very solid pre-purchase but much less so after. I'm pretty sure my ecu just got lost in the shuffle & is prob still stock. When they finally did get back to me, they did offer to double check it if I wanted to send in again, but imo now that there are other reputable shops out there that are getting twice the hp gains & posting the proof & results publicly,that's def the route I'd go.

2wdw had the first flash available, but based on my results or even dyno results alone, it's Def not the best option anymore. & In the likely event that my flash just wasn't done or saved properly, The poor communication & lack of follow thru post-purchase is what was really disappointing & the reason I did not recommend

rockbound