Author Topic: Anyone here running a CS racing exhaust?  (Read 6278 times)

• Offline Frontline   us

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God  ‐    1829

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God
    • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
    • Town / City: Florida
    Re: Anyone here running a CS racing exhaust?
    Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2021, 03.02 pm
    Jun 28, 2021, 03.02 pm
    I can't argue with any of that. All valid and your actual real world experience,

It may not surprise you (but may others) that I too noticed VERY little difference in performance with the 2WDW flash. I know the flash took hold because I could see the difference in other areas (smoother, rpm, temps) but as for overall power increase...mehh, its a big snooze fest :180:

When discussing "tuning" in other threads here, I mentioned how timing is the one area where power is actually made, and fueling is where smoothness comes from (I'm generalizing) but, I'm not really into how M/M goes about it. They do take the easy approach (timing happy), but for long term, I will always default to a more conservative method. M/M background has always been 1/4 mile at a time and they are good at doing just that.
    SAVE OUR RACECARS! - Support the RPM Act - SEMA.ORG/RPM

• Offline jayecin   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    16
    • Topic Author

Offline jayecin

• Z900 Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2021 Z900
    Reply #11 on: Jun 29, 2021, 03.50 pm
    Jun 29, 2021, 03.50 pm
    What other company tunes are reputable?
    Current - 2021 Z900
    Previous - 2012 Ninja 1000
    Previous - 2009 Ninja 650

• Offline Denin Hauer   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    11

Offline Denin Hauer

• Z900 Member
    • Town / City: Tampa
    Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2022, 07.21 pm
    Mar 23, 2022, 07.21 pm
    *Originally Posted by Z900-WA [+]

CS was very solid pre-purchase but much less so after. I'm pretty sure my ecu just got lost in the shuffle & is prob still stock. When they finally did get back to me, they did offer to double check it if I wanted to send in again, but imo now that there are other reputable shops out there that are getting twice the hp gains & posting the proof & results publicly,that's def the route I'd go.

The office in the USA always answers in a matter of minutes or next day depending on the time you send the msg. The office in Brazil may take longer as they're not fully dedicated to customer service or maybe they just missed your e-mail.
    Anyways, I've seen several reviews about their good customer service even after the purchase.

• Z900 Member  ‐    11

Offline Denin Hauer

• Z900 Member
    Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2022, 09.38 pm
    Mar 23, 2022, 09.38 pm

• Offline zed9   us

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God  ‐    4593

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
    • Z900 God
    • Bike: 2017 z900
    Reply #14 on: Jul 20, 2022, 04.01 am
    Jul 20, 2022, 04.01 am
    *Originally Posted by Z900-WA [+]
    Sure. The header pipes & 4 into one vs 4-2-2 could prob make some difference, which is why I also suggested brocks, but the gains MM was able to demonstrate w a 3/4 exhaust/ cat-delete were def impressive to say the least.

I was trying to avoid name dropping but 2wdw is who did mine & I couldn't tell any difference whatsoever. Once my purchase was complete, CS communication became very poor (multiple follow ups & multiple days to get any response) plus they assured me they could do 11k Rev-limit before I paid, yet it is still at exactly the same as stock. Snatchy initial throttle, also identical.

I followed up with them about it & a few weeks later they responded, saying that I could resend it in for them to check it, cuz they were so busy at the time that it was poss the flash didn't get saved properly on the ecu or something...

Tracking showed it was delivered & then picked back up for return shipping in like 2 hours. & There wasn't a receipt or any paperwork in the box re the flash etc when I received my ecu back.

I also requested the dyno chart for their flash half a dozen times & it was always promised, but never sent. I eventually found it on here.

I know they've got a good rep & assume my experience was a one off (hopefully), which is why I've never posted anything about it publicly, but...

CS was very solid pre-purchase but much less so after. I'm pretty sure my ecu just got lost in the shuffle & is prob still stock. When they finally did get back to me, they did offer to double check it if I wanted to send in again, but imo now that there are other reputable shops out there that are getting twice the hp gains & posting the proof & results publicly,that's def the route I'd go.

2wdw had the first flash available, but based on my results or even dyno results alone, it's Def not the best option anymore. & In the likely event that my flash just wasn't done or saved properly, The poor communication & lack of follow thru post-purchase is what was really disappointing & the reason I did not recommend
    Did you ever get the Moore Mafia flash? And if so what do you think?
    I checked his site and itís $115. Iím not looking for extra RPM but if thereís a dozen horsepower lying on the table for relatively low money Iíll take it. My exhaust is mostly stock.

• Offline Myriostigma   us

• Z900 Junior Member  ‐    9

Offline Myriostigma

• Z900 Junior Member
    Reply #15 on: Sep 21, 2022, 07.37 pm
    Sep 21, 2022, 07.37 pm
    Not to bash any CS users here, but I wouldn't really recommend them after watching a few Youtube videos (Moore Mafia GSXS1000 and Moore Mafia Z900) showing the bikes with full CS racing exhausts.  it looks like the HP gains are very minimal and in the case of the GSXS, it may have lost HP from stock.  And IMO it just doesn't look that great.  I went with an Arrow slipon and am pretty happy so far with the sound and appearance.  Fitting it on was a mess though with the Euro VS US model differences.  I'll be picking up the Arrow headers later on this year, hopefully.

• Z900 Member  ‐    11

Offline Denin Hauer

• Z900 Member
    Reply #16 on: Sep 21, 2022, 08.53 pm
    Sep 21, 2022, 08.53 pm
    *Originally Posted by Myriostigma [+]
    Not to bash any CS users here, but I wouldn't really recommend them after watching a few Youtube videos (Moore Mafia GSXS1000 and Moore Mafia Z900) showing the bikes with full CS racing exhausts.  it looks like the HP gains are very minimal and in the case of the GSXS, it may have lost HP from stock.  And IMO it just doesn't look that great.  I went with an Arrow slipon and am pretty happy so far with the sound and appearance.  Fitting it on was a mess though with the Euro VS US model differences.  I'll be picking up the Arrow headers later on this year, hopefully.

Well, without tuning, +5.8hp seems pretty good to me!

I've seen the videos and Moore Mafia tuned a bike with the CS Racing previously installed and there was a small gain except for the part he increased the revs and removed the factory power limitations all the way (Suzuki). Nothing to do with the exhaust. Any well-made hi-flow exhaust will perform basically the same way. 
    The Z900 performed pretty well, on the other hand, the Suzuki map needed some work due to the factory setup. Again, nothing to do with the exhaust. Other brands would perform similarly.
    He says he added up to 30% more fuel, in some parts, of course, but along the video you see him adding 3 to 5% in the leanest parts. He makes some drama in his favor lol
    The correct way to compare is stock vs new exhaust, first without tuning, exactly how CS Racing posts on their page:

Z900 Stock Exhaust Dyno Results:
    [/youtube]
    Z900 CS Racing Full Dyno Results:
    [/youtube]

If you want to know how the GSX-S1000 performed, you can check this one:

• Offline broderp   us

• Z900 Pro  ‐    241

Offline broderp

• Z900 Pro
    • Bike: Z900 ABS
    Reply #17 on: Sep 26, 2022, 06.25 pm
    Sep 26, 2022, 06.25 pm
    Someone needs to make an affordable version of this, and I don't mean an $8 pipe.  The CS Racing and FIRETONG WILLYMADE are awesome looking tips. They can't be THAT hard for a Chinese manufacturer to copy and sell at a fair price.  I see maybe $25 in material, $99 retail for just the slip-on tip.

I often wonder why Kawasaki left the cool looking muffler on the Z650.  I wonder if it would fit the Z900 and function....

• Z900 Member  ‐    11

Offline Denin Hauer

• Z900 Member
    Reply #18 on: Sep 26, 2022, 07.04 pm
    Sep 26, 2022, 07.04 pm
    Fire tong sucks. I had one and I had problems with the product and their service. That's how I found CS Racing. The fiberglass fairing does not have the same quality as the CS Racing (even though they look similar) and they're not tested on the dyno. I found out the hard way when I lost more than 20hp on a Gixxer. That's why CS Racing has sold thousands of exhausts overseas and Firet ong hasn't. Even their listings on eBay were copied from CS Racing.

Regarding your comment on the Chinese copy, I disagree. Do you know how much counterfeit products can hurt small businesses like these?
    Imagine you developing some products, running a business and some Chinese just copy what you make, and ruin everything you took years to build.
    I bought several items from Amazon that didn't last and in the end, I found out they were copies of more expensive branded products. Again, I learned the hard way (and spend money twice) that counterfeit items are cheap because there's no commitment with a brand and/or customers. It's just a matter of price. That's my opinion. 

• Offline broderp   us

• Z900 Pro  ‐    241

Offline broderp

• Z900 Pro
    • Bike: Z900 ABS
    Reply #19 on: Sep 27, 2022, 03.33 am
    Sep 27, 2022, 03.33 am
    *Originally Posted by Denin Hauer [+]
    Fire tong sucks. I had one and I had problems with the product and their service. That's how I found CS Racing. The fiberglass fairing does not have the same quality as the CS Racing (even though they look similar) and they're not tested on the dyno. I found out the hard way when I lost more than 20hp on a Gixxer. That's why CS Racing has sold thousands of exhausts overseas and Firet ong hasn't. Even their listings on eBay were copied from CS Racing.

Regarding your comment on the Chinese copy, I disagree. Do you know how much counterfeit products can hurt small businesses like these?
    Imagine you developing some products, running a business and some Chinese just copy what you make, and ruin everything you took years to build.
    I bought several items from Amazon that didn't last and in the end, I found out they were copies of more expensive branded products. Again, I learned the hard way (and spend money twice) that counterfeit items are cheap because there's no commitment with a brand and/or customers. It's just a matter of price. That's my opinion.

Points well taken, but these "small companies" are raking customers over the coals with their pricing. Just because you are small doesn't give you the right to rip people off. (Once again, I am speaking very specifically about the tip and not a full system).  The tip is nothing more than a pipe and a plastic shroud for looks.  Given the opportunity.  I do agree with you in that not all knock offs are as good as the original. but some things truly are.

rockbound