Author Anyone here running a CS racing exhaust?  (Read 14803 times)

• Offline OldGuyZ   us

• Z900 Junior Member  ‐    9

Offline OldGuyZ

• Z900 Junior Member
    • Town / City: Smithtown
    Re: Anyone here running a CS racing exhaust?
    Reply #30 on: Dec 24, 2022, 05.32 pm
    Dec 24, 2022, 05.32 pm
    Weight… good point.  Another reason for a full exhaust. 

• Offline RedTexan70   us

Offline RedTexan70

• Z900 Junior Member
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Folsom
    Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2023, 06.38 pm
    Jan 10, 2023, 06.38 pm
    The CS Racing slip on looks like it's just the tip  :016: and a plastic dress up piece. On sale for $395? What am I missing? I'd like to replace the OEM eyesore, but this one seems ridiculous. Enlighten me if I need learning.

• Offline OldGuyZ   us

Offline OldGuyZ

• Z900 Junior Member
    Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2023, 06.47 pm
    Jan 10, 2023, 06.47 pm
    Nope you’re right. The slip-on is a production version of the $8 exhaust ; see old thread.  Of course the $8 exhaust cost around $30 to fabricate add another $100 for a CF cover. CS claims 3.3hp performance gain.  If they actually put some engineering into it, it’s worth something… but for me, it’s $8 exhaust until I do a complete exhaust and a tune, if it delivers more torque not just top end..

• Offline switchio   au

• Z900 Junior Member  ‐    2

Offline switchio

• Z900 Junior Member
    • Town / City: Wollongong
    Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2023, 02.12 pm
    Jan 21, 2023, 02.12 pm
    Just thought I'd add my two cents.

My bike is a MY21/22 which in my country makes it the euro 5 compliant version I'm pretty sure.

I installed a CS Racing full exhaust last year, rode it for a couple of months (2000 or so kms) and then had the bike tuned.

Before getting the CS exhaust I was running the $8 mod simply to lose the weight of the factory can and so that I could hear the bike over the wind noise at freeway speeds (for some reason I need to hear the bike to ride properly..). Otherwise the $8 mod made no difference for me in terms of power of readability.

After installing the CS exhaust I noticed a pronounced difference in the bikes top end. It pulled longer, all the way to redline.

It also exacerbated the existing snatchy throttle issue that the factory exhaust had for me.

After I had it tuned (locally) it rode like a different bike. The peak power was more or less a wash, minor increase at best.

What this picture doesn't show is the significantly improved torque in the mid range at partial throttle and the complete deletion of snatchiness in the throttle.

This is nice on the day to day commute, but its a godsend on the track. Specifically on my local track which is short, tight and basically one long continuously changing corner. It makes keeping the bike stable at full lean extremely easy.

The TLDR is that, much like a slipon, the full exhaust itself is mostly going to net you weight savings and looks/sound. All the magic is in the tune. If you want more power but close to factory noise levels maybe consider removing your cat, doing the $8 mod and getting a tune (in person, mail ins are never going to be optimal).

Oh, forgot to mention. At 7-10K rpm it sounds freakin' awesome. I give it a blast every day on the way home from work and it still makes me giggle like an idiot every single time.
    Last Edit: Jan 21, 2023, 02.20 pm by switchio

• Offline OldGuyZ   us

Offline OldGuyZ

• Z900 Junior Member
    Reply #34 on: Jan 22, 2023, 03.32 pm
    Jan 22, 2023, 03.32 pm
    Excellent review… and it passes the giggle test :)

rockbound