Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Helmets and IXIL Slip-On Exhaust - SUMMER SALE!  (Read 769 times)

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Helmets and IXIL Slip-On Exhaust - SUMMER SALE!
on: July 22, 2021, 04:49:44 AM
So, I'm FINALLY going to take everything to eBay. I hate the 12.5% fee they charge.
So, here's an "eBay discount" for forum members only. All prices include shipping to US lower 48 only.

1. Shoei GT-AIR (TC5 Wanderer) helmet M/L- eBay Buy It Now $215, forum member $185

2. HJC RPHA 11 Pro ( Star Wars Kylo Ren) helmet M/L - eBay Buy It Now $320, forum member $280

3. Schuberth S2 Sport (Rush Grey) helmet M/L - eBay Buy It Now $335, forum member $290

(Helmets are listed M/L because they have M and L liners and cheek pads included)

4. IXIL L3XB Dual Hyperlow Black Slip-on Exhaust - eBay Buy It Now $265, forum member $230

I will leave this up for a little while... but not too long. I will notify when these items are ONLY available on eBay.

Offline csakis

• Z900 Junior Member
  • csakis
  • Bike: z900
Re: Helmets and IXIL Slip-On Exhaust - SUMMER SALE!
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 08:16:33 PM
I'm interested in the Shoei GT-Air. I have just measure my head circumference. It's 60 cm (23.6").
Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 08:19:28 PM by csakis

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 12:43:07 AM
@ csakis

The Shoei GT-Air with L pads will more than likely be too small for you at 60 cm measurement. The "Shoei Fit" is a bit small compared to other helmets. It is an intermediate oval shape, leaning towards slightly narrow..

IMO the Shoei size L (59-60 cm) is closer to a 58-59 cm, and the XL (61-62 cm) is closer to a 60-61 cm.

I'm at a 57.5 cm measurement. With the size L pads it was a bit too roomy at top but perfect at cheeks. So I was using it with M headliner and L cheek pads. I think the M headliner and cheek pads would be of no use to you with a 60 cm measurement.

Head shape is important when choosing the right fit. Round shape, Intermediate Oval shape, or Long Oval shape.... need to know which helmets provide a particular head shape. Revzilla on youtube explains helmets in this manner quite well. So does WebBikeWorld.com reviews.

In all honesty, I believe the Schuberth helmet would be a good fit at 60 cm measurement. When I used the L headliner and cheek pads. It was definitely too big for me. The head shape on the Schuberth is Intermediate Oval and not as narrow as the Shoei GT-Air.

The HJC RPHA 11 Pro? It runs a bit small too, so I don't believe it would fit a 60 cm measurement properly with the L pads.

Offline csakis

• Z900 Junior Member
  • csakis
  • Bike: z900
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 02:14:58 AM
Thanks for the detailed response. The Schuberth is a bit pricey for me.

Offline Mean Green Angel

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Northglenn
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 06:59:03 PM
I'm really contemplating the Ixil slip-on, but I can't find any videos. I would be replacing a Pro-race (basically an expensive version of the $8) mostly for the sake or making the bike look a little more dressed up and hoping for a small drop in exhaust tone (not volume). Any input on this line of thought? Does the Ixil use the passenger peg mount?

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 07:51:14 PM
@ Mean Green Angel

Yes, it uses the passenger peg mount.

I can't find any videos on this exhaust installed WITH bread box intact. Here is a video with a different IXIL installed.

The sound is very similar (almost identical) to the L3XB Dual Hyperlow. With baffles removed, it is a bit louder but not extremely loud by any means.

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 03:14:57 PM
All items are going to eBay this evening 7/25

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 10:11:24 AM

SOLD  SHOEI GT-Air

SOLD  HJC RPHA 11 Pro

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 01:56:23 AM
SOLD  SCHUBERTH S2 Sport

SOLD  XIL L3XB Slip-On