Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MotoJitsu's Z900  (Read 1189 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 2612
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Merseyside/W Lancs.
  • Country: england
Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline RedRooster

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 284
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
  • Country: us
Re: MotoJitsu's Z900
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 12:12:04 AM
A straight forward guy that can really help those who are new to MC riding. He has a way of explaining things that makes it easy for newbies to understand.

I understand why he chose the Z900... it's just a great overall bike for any type of riding. No snatchy throttle and can get up and go at will.

My best like about the Z is that it does NOT have power modes/traction control/ride-by-wire that most of the newer bikes have today. Just me, the throttle, and that smooth torquey engine.  :001:

Offline MaverickAus

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 188
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
  • Country: au
Re: MotoJitsu's Z900
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 10:10:30 AM
*Originally Posted by RedRooster [+]
My best like about the Z is that it does NOT have power modes/traction control/ride-by-wire that most of the newer bikes have today. Just me, the throttle, and that smooth torquey engine.  :001:

Mine does, whats wrong with yours?  :008:  :008:  :158:

Offline RedRooster

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 284
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
  • Country: us
Re: MotoJitsu's Z900
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 12:51:59 PM
Funny guy   :745:

It doesn't have gold powder-coated fork tubes, LOL

Offline Its about speed

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 90
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: REDDING, CA
  • Country: us
Re: MotoJitsu's Z900
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 10:06:21 PM
Yeah, and mine doesn't have that custom brake lever.    :431:


Offline broderp

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 153
  • Bike: Z900 ABS & Z400 ABS
  • Country: us
Re: MotoJitsu's Z900
Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 07:28:34 PM
I saw a few videos where he used the Z900.  I'm not quite sure I buy into his reasons why he has a used Z900 when he had all those larger and more powerful bikes previously.  Any one of them was able to keep up with his riding in the twisties with his students or whatever.  Why did he get rid of them? 

I'm not dissing him, I have one of his books, but he seems very nervous and unsure when speaking to me, but his logic is sound for the most part.   

Offline Z900-WA

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 75
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: spokane
  • Country: us
Re: MotoJitsu's Z900
Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 02:02:55 PM
*Originally Posted by broderp [+]
I saw a few videos where he used the Z900.  I'm not quite sure I buy into his reasons why he has a used Z900 when he had all those larger and more powerful bikes previously.  Any one of them was able to keep up with his riding in the twisties with his students or whatever.  Why did he get rid of them? 

I'm not dissing him, I have one of his books, but he seems very nervous and unsure when speaking to me, but his logic is sound for the most part.   

Ya, for some reason I just can't buy into his Schtick / persona or whatever.

Mainly, I'm just really not a fan of how he always seems to use either a bicycle (inside his apartment) 🤣 or his trusty toy-model bike & whiteboard combo to help demonstrate the wisdom of his theories re: proper street-riding technique or provide visuals for his "how-to" lessons on how to increase your skill-level on a non-existent MC...

Admittedly, I do tend to get pretty Annoyed (in general) by YT "content Creators" who seem to make the same C & P, Super-basic beginner-level videos; covering the same exact topics over & over again, just using different titles.

Seriously, how many times do I have to endure the same, recycled version of a more cleverly titled video like  "Super-Secret, miracle street riding technique of the pros" only to be disappointed by yet another "Trail-Braking is good" gotcha video🤦‍♂️

That said. More power to anyone out there creating content, getting views & hopefully even trying to help some of their audiences. I prob spend more time on YT than the rest of the web combined & have def gotten more value, education & entertainment from it (& Z900forum 🙌) than I could ever hope to repay in a lifetime! I have noticed an increasingly common & disappointing YT trend in recent yrs. tho.

Channels that basically just copy the same topics, recently covered by more established, trustworthy & legit channels & try to regurgitate the same info in a different format & w a better "clickbait" title but without any of the nuance, insight or expertise that comes from legit experience.

I wouldn't go so far as to accuse "motojitsu" of this, but I def would say that his "rider lessons" are introductory or for beginner riders at best & usually seem like cliffs notes copied out of a book. Plus, he does have a tendency to reformat the same, extensively covered topics & repackage them as new videos / lessons, covering the same techniques quite often & without adding much, if any value to previous versions produced on his or any other YT MC channel.

I have to admit, his titles can be quite catchy tho, maybe I'm just mad cuz he's so good at getting me to click on videos I already know I don't wanna watch✌
Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 02:09:24 PM by Z900-WA

Offline waz900

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Town / City: Davenport
  • Country: us
Re: MotoJitsu's Z900
Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 02:26:12 PM
*Originally Posted by Z900-WA [+]
Ya, for some reason I just can't buy into his Schtick / persona or whatever.

Mainly, I'm just really not a fan of how he always seems to use either a bicycle (inside his apartment) 🤣 or his trusty toy-model bike & whiteboard combo to help demonstrate the wisdom of his theories re: proper street-riding technique or provide visuals for his "how-to" lessons on how to increase your skill-level on a non-existent MC...

Admittedly, I do tend to get pretty Annoyed (in general) by YT "content Creators" who seem to make the same C & P, Super-basic beginner-level videos; covering the same exact topics over & over again, just using different titles.

Seriously, how many times do I have to endure the same, recycled version of a more cleverly titled video like  "Super-Secret, miracle street riding technique of the pros" only to be disappointed by yet another "Trail-Braking is good" gotcha video🤦‍♂️

That said. More power to anyone out there creating content, getting views & hopefully even trying to help some of their audiences. I prob spend more time on YT than the rest of the web combined & have def gotten more value, education & entertainment from it (& Z900forum 🙌) than I could ever hope to repay in a lifetime! I have noticed an increasingly common & disappointing YT trend in recent yrs. tho.

Channels that basically just copy the same topics, recently covered by more established, trustworthy & legit channels & try to regurgitate the same info in a different format & w a better "clickbait" title but without any of the nuance, insight or expertise that comes from legit experience.

I wouldn't go so far as to accuse "motojitsu" of this, but I def would say that his "rider lessons" are introductory or for beginner riders at best & usually seem like cliffs notes copied out of a book. Plus, he does have a tendency to reformat the same, extensively covered topics & repackage them as new videos / lessons, covering the same techniques quite often & without adding much, if any value to previous versions produced on his or any other YT MC channel.

I have to admit, his titles can be quite catchy tho, maybe I'm just mad cuz he's so good at getting me to click on videos I already know I don't wanna watch✌

His riding suggestions have changed a bit over the years as he has taken information from other creators/teachers.  I remember one of his earlier videos that said you should pull with the outer bar to counter steer, rather than applying pressure to the inside bar.  He should pick a technique and stick to it.

Offline RedRooster

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 284
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
  • Country: us
Re: MotoJitsu's Z900
Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 02:41:30 PM
*Originally Posted by Z900-WA [+]
Ya, for some reason I just can't buy into his Schtick / persona or whatever.

Hope you don't mind me asking.... but what was the diagnosis with your engine problem that occurred on July 4th?

Offline Frontline

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 1807
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
  • Country: us
Re: MotoJitsu's Z900
Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 06:16:26 PM
*Originally Posted by Z900-WA [+]
Ya, for some reason I just can't buy into his Schtick / persona or whatever.

Mainly, I'm just really not a fan of how he always seems to use either a bicycle (inside his apartment) 🤣 or his trusty toy-model bike & whiteboard combo to help demonstrate the wisdom of his theories re: proper street-riding technique or provide visuals for his "how-to" lessons on how to increase your skill-level on a non-existent MC...

Admittedly, I do tend to get pretty Annoyed (in general) by YT "content Creators" who seem to make the same C & P, Super-basic beginner-level videos; covering the same exact topics over & over again, just using different titles.

Seriously, how many times do I have to endure the same, recycled version of a more cleverly titled video like  "Super-Secret, miracle street riding technique of the pros" only to be disappointed by yet another "Trail-Braking is good" gotcha video🤦‍♂️
OMG, when I read that, I felt you were reading my mind. Spooky :005:

I can't stomach the videos. Maybe cuz its waaaay to basic or obvious info (like a 10 minute video on how to pickup a bike). I mean, if you don't understand a simple technique of picking up a fallen motorcycle, maybe you shouldn't be out on public roads with other people. I know reality is the opposite :157: Which is why he does well on YT.

I digress...  :158:

SAVE OUR RACECARS! - Support the RPM Act - SEMA.ORG/RPM