Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best handlebars for supersport feel?  (Read 521 times)

Offline sleepwalken

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Next thing you know
  • Bike: 2020 z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Georgia
Best handlebars for supersport feel?
on: July 26, 2021, 02:13:09 AM
Sorry for somewhat repeat topic from my last post, but it didn't gain much traction. I also have looked over every topic on the forum trying to come to a clear decision on this but it seems most people are discussing comfort over riding style changes.

So basically I'm looking for which bar provides a clip-on type experience/riding position. If anyone can chime in on which bar would be best for that out of these that would be awesome!

- Renthal Low
- Renthal Ultra Low
- Emgo Sport Superbike
- Emgo Daytona

Thanks!

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Best handlebars for supersport feel?
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 03:27:27 AM
Why not get clip ons? Theres some on ebay/amazon/aliexpress. Also worth having a look through the photos from Cazzy_R  as he did a comparison chart of loads of different bars that could help with your choice. With that said, what exactly are you looking to achieve? Ive got the same bars as Cazzy has, which are the ABM 0330. Theyre about 10mm lower than stock, wider and straighter with no upsweep at the ends and less pullback. Result is more leant forwards into the bike and a more natural grip position. Makes a big difference.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline sleepwalken

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Next thing you know
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 03:57:30 AM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Why not get clip ons? Theres some on ebay/amazon/aliexpress. Also worth having a look through the photos from Cazzy_R  as he did a comparison chart of loads of different bars that could help with your choice. With that said, what exactly are you looking to achieve? Ive got the same bars as Cazzy has, which are the ABM 0330. Theyre about 10mm lower than stock, wider and straighter with no upsweep at the ends and less pullback. Result is more leant forwards into the bike and a more natural grip position. Makes a big difference.

I have a 2020 so idk if they make the clip ons for that model? Also im looking for a more sport bike-esque handlebar position, with more sweep and not straight bars. I came from a Ninja 300 and wanted a zx-6r but decided on the z900 cuz ergonomics. But now that I have it, these handle bars are driving me nuts, so I'm trying to find a middle ground. I might just have to order like 3 different bars and try them all out and see which ones feel the best (like without the controls on).

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 04:09:14 AM
For a more supersport feel, quite a few people have had success with the renthal low or ultra low. Theres a few posts with pictures on here to give you an idea if its what your looking for.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline sleepwalken

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Next thing you know
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 04:18:49 AM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
For a more supersport feel, quite a few people have had success with the renthal low or ultra low. Theres a few posts with pictures on here to give you an idea if its what your looking for.

Yea, I've seen them but it's hard to tell in pictures. From what I have seen the UL have less sweep than the Lows. And the Lows seem to be the same height as OEM but with just more sweep. So unless anyone else chimes in tomorrow I'll probably order both the UL and Lows and put them on and see which feels better. I've also seen the sport superbike ones too but I don't think there were any pictures of those. Hopefully I can order them all from the same retailer so I can return the ones I don't want. thanks for the help!

Offline MikeOnABike1994

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Ottawa
Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 02:49:08 PM
I bought this set from AliEpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32858696543.html

was hesitant to buy handlebars from China but I was impressed with the quality.

Online iBuchon

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 07:33:31 PM
Theres a couple guys on here that have installed the clip on type bars.
https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,3574.msg44201.html#msg44201
 Basically its a machined piece of metal that mounts where normal bars would but has replaceable ends. Actual clip ons mount directly to the forks. Dont believe thats an option due to the body work and fuel tank location on the Z.  A quick internet search Z900 clip ons will give you some possible options. Guessing it would be similar to Ninja 650 setup.
Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 07:36:02 PM by iBuchon