Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Matt Paint Care  (Read 619 times)

Online PJ69

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Government funded = tax payer funded
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Rushden
Matt Paint Care
on: July 28, 2021, 09:16:53 AM
Anyone got any do’s and don’t for me regarding the Matt paint finish for the bike. Doesn’t need to be from bike experience, anything will do. Chemicals to avoid, wash n wax issues etc…..?
The government cannot give anything to a person it has not first taken from someone else.

Offline Cjjsto

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Green Bay
Re: Matt Paint Care
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 10:38:56 PM
I have been using Rainx bug windshield washer fluid for quick cleaning and deep clean on the body only. So far no issues and adds a little protection with the rain guard. Bugs do not stick as much after a couple cleaning sessions. I just throw the liquid in a spray bottle to use on bikes and helmet.

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 10:15:02 AM
Thought I answered this before I had mine ceramic coated. Seems to be doing the job.

Offline MagnusMoto

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 z900
Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 07:46:11 PM
Maxima Bio-Wash or Muc-Off Nano Tech are great moto-specific cleaners to use. Meguiar's Wash and Wax waterless is also supposed to be safe for matte finishes, and I've used it on occasion for touch up washed all over the bike. The biggest things  to avoid are 1. applying liquid or paste wax to the finish and 2. any product with a polishing element. Some spray protectants are fine after washing. Personally, I use Maxima SC1, as it makes the bike look great, and the finish seems to keep bugs and tar at bay.

Online PJ69

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Government funded = tax payer funded
  • Town / City: Rushden
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 02:45:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I’ve gone for warm water, no soap & finish off with RainEx. Seems to be working so far.

Getting bugs and other crud off in a hurry seems to be key to keeping the Matt paint looking pristine.
The government cannot give anything to a person it has not first taken from someone else.