Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Pharo92

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2021 white z900
  • Town / City: Howard
Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
on: August 03, 2021, 05:41:12 PM
I'm looking into options for a new seat (I feel the seat is a little too sloped forward and not as comfortable for hours of riding) but there aren't too many reviews or information on good seats. I was looking into Corbin just because they have a solid track record but I wanted to ask around before spending a good $600 on seats lol.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 06:03:15 PM
Greg will be along shortly to tell you its worth the investment. Unfortunately, Corbin take the piss on pricing outside of the states, so I wont be trying one to give my review. Other than Corbin, you could try Louis Moto cover with a gel pad or have your stock seat reworked by a seat upholsterer. Theres also the option of the tall seat, though its not a massive upgrade from stock.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 09:00:27 PM
A few photos of my Corbin seat from different angles to give an idea how the saddle works on the Z.  It has a textured surface. The Corbin seat I had on my SV650 was smooth and slick.

Maybe compare these photos to your OEM seat and it might give you an idea if the shape and size would work for you.

I can take some measurements if you want.

Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 09:01:34 PM by RedRooster

Offline Void03

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 03:09:54 AM
@RobZ900

The 2021 stock seat is the same height as the tall seat from 2017-2019. From 2020 the optional seat became a low seat, which is the same height as the stock one from 2017-19.

So they switched them around.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 07:07:26 AM
*Originally Posted by Void03 [+]
@RobZ900

The 2021 stock seat is the same height as the tall seat from 2017-2019. From 2020 the optional seat became a low seat, which is the same height as the stock one from 2017-19.

So they switched them around.

Depends where you are in the world. In the UK and Europe, the seat was taller from 2020, but some places in America got the same seat as the 17-19 model.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Pharo92

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2021 white z900
  • Town / City: Howard
Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 12:44:20 PM
Yeah I'm definitely not looking for a taller seat, just something that's more comfortable for a couple hours of riding. The stock seat isn't the worst (way better than my ninja 400's seat) but I just wanted to put feelers out there for if spending the extra money on a new seat was really worth it.

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 12:41:33 AM
That is a beautiful looking Corbin seat.  I just placed an order for a Bagster front and back Ready Luxe seat.  There are some ready to go options on Chromeburner website. 
My Z is a 2021 and I wanted a Black/Red color scheme similar to that Corbin seat, so had to special order, 4-6 weeks ETA.
But you can get the options of an upgraded foam-Bultex they call it.  Or a gel option, even a heated option.  I went for the bultex foam option for mine.  Bagster is a French company.  Hoping this works out, definitely a great look.

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 z900
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #7 on: August 19, 2021, 08:36:57 PM
@Teddy_900 - Will you by chance let us know how comfortable the Bagster Luxe is after sitting on it for a few rides? This is the model seat I am looking at. There are not really any reviews for the comfort improvement. Id also like to know if you can still grip the tank with your thighs the same as the stock seat.

There are a few reviews for the Corbin specifically for the z900 but they actually turned me off from it. I ride my z900 like a sport bike more than a touring bike and the reviews on the Corbin made it sound like it pushes your legs out away from the bike some which made me think it would take away from my thighs grabbing the tank easily for when its time to tuck and go!  :018:
Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 08:52:22 PM by jbolin

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Reply #8 on: August 19, 2021, 09:44:30 PM
*Originally Posted by jbolin [+]
@Teddy_900 - Will you by chance let us know how comfortable the Bagster Luxe is after sitting on it for a few rides? This is the model seat I am looking at. There are not really any reviews for the comfort improvement. Id also like to know if you can still grip the tank with your thighs the same as the stock seat.

There are a few reviews for the Corbin specifically for the z900 but they actually turned me off from it. I ride my z900 like a sport bike more than a touring bike and the reviews on the Corbin made it sound like it pushes your legs out away from the bike some which made me think it would take away from my thighs grabbing the tank easily for when its time to tuck and go!  :018:

Definitely will give an honest assessment.  I tried the taller ergo seat and hated it.  Have it for sale on this site.    Just it's going to be awhile.  Just ordered and up front the site said 4-6 weeks.  Seat might be German.  Anyway I ordered from a website in France.  Definitely the looks are great.
I'm like you.  Want comfort but want to ride like a sport bike as well.  Good or bad I'll stick with it for the looks alone.  Since the factory seating not great to begin with.

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 z900
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2021, 09:50:57 PM
Awesome thanks Teddy. This is more so my Wife will ride more with me :) After her first ride, she was like no this thing feels terrible and doesn't want to go anymore. My stock rider seat has softened up quite a bit after 2500 miles, but the chances of having someone sit on the back to soften up the pillion seat for that many miles is unlikely.

Currently, the 2020 luxe in green is not available https://www.chromeburner.com/bagster-ready-luxe-kawasaki-z900-2020-2021-green-bultex-seat:157: