Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #10 on: August 19, 2021, 10:07:24 PM
*Originally Posted by jbolin [+]
Awesome thanks Teddy. This is more so my Wife will ride more with me :) After her first ride, she was like no this thing feels terrible and doesn't want to go anymore. My stock rider seat has softened up quite a bit after 2500 miles, but the chances of having someone sit on the back to soften up the pillion seat for that many miles is unlikely.

Currently, the 2020 luxe in green is not available https://www.chromeburner.com/bagster-ready-luxe-kawasaki-z900-2020-2021-green-bultex-seat:157:

Yes the passenger seat looks way more comfortable and no gap around the edges, looks like the padding spills over onto the rear fairing somewhat.

I was in the same predicament.  Only 2017 seats on chromeburner.  So I found this website.

https://www.silverstonemotor.com/en/selle-kawasaki/11350-bagster-kawasaki-z900-2020-motorcycle-comfort-ready-luxe-saddle-5378z-3700611008361.html

You need to translate some french to pick your options.  And once your order is confirmed, send them a picture of the green model you want.  And I'm sure they will take care of you.  They were super friendly and responsive.
Oh and they have a sale, use promo code.  For the upgraded bultex foam, front and back was about 405.

Offline Pharo92

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2021 white z900
  • Town / City: Howard
Reply #11 on: August 19, 2021, 10:10:07 PM
*Originally Posted by Teddy_900 [+]
Definitely will give an honest assessment.  I tried the taller ergo seat and hated it.  Have it for sale on this site.    Just it's going to be awhile.  Just ordered and up front the site said 4-6 weeks.  Seat might be German.  Anyway I ordered from a website in France.  Definitely the looks are great.
I'm like you.  Want comfort but want to ride like a sport bike as well.  Good or bad I'll stick with it for the looks alone.  Since the factory seating not great to begin with.

Yeah I definitely agree, this bike is too fun not be able to see how sideways you can get (safely lol). I look forward to the review on the killer looking seat! I'm thinking of stopping at an upholsterer that's not too far from me and seeing what they could all do and for how much.

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #12 on: August 19, 2021, 10:13:01 PM
*Originally Posted by jbolin [+]
.... which made me think it would take away from my thighs grabbing the tank easily for when its time to tuck and go!  :018:

This is not the case for me. The Corbin is quite narrow at the front and grabbing tank/side panels with thighs/knees is quite normal with no hinderance whatsoever.

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 z900
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #13 on: August 19, 2021, 11:21:27 PM
@RedRooster - I appreciate you stopping back in to mention your experience with the Corbin. Sounds better than the youtube reviews I watched.

It seems the only 2 options are Bagster or Corbin for my bike and I can't find any reviews on the Bagster Luxe Bultex. Id like to see what people have to say about it before I make a decision. The Corbin is definitely a premium price and the reviews just didn't sound "premium".

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #14 on: August 20, 2021, 02:28:36 AM
I believe all Bagster products are manufactured in France, company has been in existence a long time.

I'm considering LAAM Custom Seats, but need to speak with him about the Z900 seat and what he recommends.

I think the Corbin seat has premium quality material and is well constructed. I've had two now... they are very nice seats.

Offline Charlesr6s

• Z900 Junior Member
Reply #15 on: August 20, 2021, 05:54:25 AM
Im in the process of getting my seat done by a local rider in Chicago area, typically does stunt seats, but makes one hell of a custom.

replaces the area of foam where your butt actually touches with gel, then you can design a custom wrap, pic below as an example, from the H2, Ill post mine up when it's done.

Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 05:55:10 AM by Charlesr6s

Offline Pharo92

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2021 white z900
  • Town / City: Howard
Reply #16 on: August 20, 2021, 06:03:21 AM
*Originally Posted by Charlesr6s [+]
Im in the process of getting my seat done by a local rider in Chicago area, typically does stunt seats, but makes one hell of a custom.

replaces the area of foam where your butt actually touches with gel, then you can design a custom wrap, pic below as an example, from the H2, Ill post mine up when it's done.

Oh man if it looks anything like that it will be sick. That definitely pushes me towards going to my local shop.

Offline Charlesr6s

• Z900 Junior Member
Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 04:43:03 AM
*Originally Posted by Pharo92 [+]
Oh man if it looks anything like that it will be sick. That definitely pushes me towards going to my local shop.

remove the solid green stripes and thats what I got. Passenger seat was to small for the stripe down the middle (doesnt look good), and I wanted them to be similar. Rear seat may have z900 embroided if there is enough room with the strap but I left that to his discretion.

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 01:37:05 PM
So the bagster seat is on its way.  When I placed my order apparently they were on vacation a couple weeks the vendor told me.  So the build took just over 2 weeks.  It's sitting at the airport in Paris, France currently lol.  Have some pics and a review soon on the Comfort Luxe seat.

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 z900
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 02:02:43 AM
Thanks for the update Teddy... They still dont have the Bagster Green Luxe for 2020 in... whats going on with this "company"?