Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?  (Read 2755 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RedRooster

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 284
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
  • Country: us
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #20 on: September 12, 2021, 02:45:58 PM
Found this on YouTube... a Bagster seat on a Z800. What I'm not seeing in this design is the flat scooped out area (where butt cheeks reside). For me, that is what makes the Corbin so comfortable. Yeah, it starts to feel too hard on the cheeks after an hour or so... but still 10 times better than that 2x6 board feeling of the OEM seat.



@ Teddy - Looking forward to your thoughts on the Bagster.  And btw... your ceramic work on pipes and big Leo Vince can looks awesome. Heck, everything looks awesome.   :821:

Offline Teddy_900

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 68
  • Country: us
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #21 on: September 12, 2021, 06:03:12 PM
Much appreciated Rooster 😊
Yeah I can't wait for the seat.  Was supposed to be here Sat.  But Patriots day.  So it's just sitting in customs in Chicago.  Probably be Mon or Tues now lol.  Definitely post some nice pictures and an honest review.  Just got back from a ride.  In love with this bike and the sound of this exhaust.  Let's go Bengals! 🤣 Who Dey!!!!

Offline RokDaKirba

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Country: si
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #22 on: September 12, 2021, 09:48:07 PM
Hello,

Does anybody know if the Corbin or Bagster seats are taller or shorter than the OEM seat on 2020 Z900? I know that 2020 models have higher seats than previous models.

I'm a taller rider and I want something more comfortable than OEM, but it must be at least the same hight or higher.

Thanks,
Rok

Offline RedRooster

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 284
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
  • Country: us
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #23 on: September 12, 2021, 11:03:58 PM
*Originally Posted by RokDaKirba [+]
I know that 2020 models have higher seats than previous models.

I've only ridden on the original OEM seat (lower one), and my Corbin is about the same height or maybe even just a bit lower.

Offline RokDaKirba

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Country: si
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #24 on: September 12, 2021, 11:20:39 PM
Thank you for your reply.

So Corbin is even lower than the lower OEM one.

I wonder if Bagster is at least as high as the higher OEM one (2020 and 2021 model).
It would be nice if someone with Bagster seat could clear that...

Thanks

Offline RedRooster

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 284
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
  • Country: us
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #25 on: September 13, 2021, 12:13:54 AM

*Originally Posted by Teddy_900 [+]
Yeah I can't wait for the seat.  Was supposed to be here Sat.  But Patriots day.  So it's just sitting in customs in Chicago.  Probably be Mon or Tues now lol.  Definitely post some nice pictures and an honest review. 

     ^  ^   ^    ^     ^     ^    ^   ^
     |  |   |    |     |     |    |   |

*Originally Posted by RokDaKirba [+]
I wonder if Bagster is at least as high as the higher OEM one (2020 and 2021 model).
It would be nice if someone with Bagster seat could clear that...

Online porkchop

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 554
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
  • Country: us
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #26 on: September 13, 2021, 02:49:32 PM
*Originally Posted by RokDaKirba [+]


So Corbin is even lower than the lower OEM one.

I wonder if Bagster is at least as high as the higher OEM one (2020 and 2021 model).
It would be nice if someone with Bagster seat could clear that...

Thanks

When I placed my order with Corbin the Rep told me theirs was 1" taller than OEM- 
I wanted to go 2" but he talked me into just the 1 (a re-work is available at no charge if I ever want to do it). it's been fine.
"The ride is the reason"

Offline RokDaKirba

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Country: si
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #27 on: September 13, 2021, 03:41:13 PM
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
When I placed my order with Corbin the Rep told me theirs was 1" taller than OEM- 
I wanted to go 2" but he talked me into just the 1 (a re-work is available at no charge if I ever want to do it). it's been fine.

I see on your profile that you have 2019 model. OEM seats were lower on 17-19 models. That's why Corbin is taller in your case.
I'm looking for aftermarket seat that's the same hight as the 2020 and 2021 models seat. Or even a bit higher would still be ok...
So I'm looking forward for Teddy_900 to give us his opinion when he gets his Bagster seat...  :016:

Offline Teddy_900

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 68
  • Country: us
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #28 on: September 13, 2021, 03:48:23 PM
*Originally Posted by RokDaKirba [+]
I see on your profile that you have 2019 model. OEM seats were lower on 17-19 models. That's why Corbin is taller in your case.
I'm looking for aftermarket seat that's the same hight as the 2020 and 2021 models seat. Or even a bit higher would still be ok...
So I'm looking forward for Teddy_900 to give us his opinion when he gets his Bagster seat...  :016:

Rok, they updated delivery date to Tuesday.  Apparently they took Friday off too, as they got it Friday afternoon 1pm and did nothing with it.  Oh well.  Anyway I'll post some side by side pictures unmounted, of the stock 2021 front/rear seats next to the Bagster Comfort Luxe w/bultex foam upgrade and hope that will help. 

Offline RokDaKirba

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Country: si
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #29 on: September 13, 2021, 03:58:35 PM
*Originally Posted by Teddy_900 [+]
Rok, they updated delivery date to Tuesday.  Apparently they took Friday off too, as they got it Friday afternoon 1pm and did nothing with it.  Oh well.  Anyway I'll post some side by side pictures unmounted, of the stock 2021 front/rear seats next to the Bagster Comfort Luxe w/bultex foam upgrade and hope that will help.

Yes, that side by side comparison will be great!  :152: I will help a lot! Thank you.