Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?  (Read 3145 times)

jbolin and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #30 on: September 14, 2021, 02:35:26 PM
Bagster seat stuck in Chicago.  Hasn't been scanned since the 12th.  Had to file a claim with usps.  Needless to say, not happy with the shipping method.  This sucks...when I get it, I will post.  Sorry for the delay ☹

Now this order was Silverstone Motor, custom order.  And they ship France Post to USPS free shipping.  Not good apparently.

I have dealt with Chromeburner in the past and so long as you spend enough you get free one week shipping with UPS or FedEx.  Have bought a schuberth helmet from them and Revit Rodeo boots In the past with no issue. 

Guess it's my luck that usps f'ks up my order.  Typically they're pretty good.  Not really Silverstone's fault.  Just hope it shows up after a 4 week build.
Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 02:45:15 PM by Teddy_900

Offline RokDaKirba

• Z900 Junior Member
Reply #31 on: September 14, 2021, 02:49:47 PM
No problem, I hope you'll get it soon!

I know how frustrating it is when you're waiting for something and the tracking status is stuck at one location...

Online RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #32 on: September 14, 2021, 03:13:48 PM
Chicago USPS locations are a bit slow getting things moving, but it depends on which Chicago regional terminal is sorting. It is the last major city before arriving in my local area. Filed a claim? Ha, that is like sticking a needle in a hay stack... I've tried that and it doesn't change anything. I've had packages not scanned for 3-4 days and all of a sudden there it is, scanned at my local post office and out for delivery. I don't think all locations scan packages when moving through their facility. I think some of them just throw it on a truck and let the next location scan it. Last Sunday, I saw the local USPS Post Master General pull up in his personal vehicle and deliver an Amazon package. They are over worked and under manned. I sold some stuff recently and always shipped UPS Ground. It didn't matter if destination was CA or FL, always arrived on 3rd day (expensive though).

Online jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 z900
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #33 on: September 15, 2021, 03:30:15 AM
Does this forum have a "thumbs up" without having to post. If not,  :028: @ Teddy

Offline Charlesr6s

• Z900 Junior Member
Reply #34 on: September 15, 2021, 04:05:12 PM
Mine finally arrived before a trip around Lake MI. Gel seat is a must, as is replacing stock. I watched them cut the foam on the stock seat, single razor blade did the whole thing. Usually when I watch my guy cut foam its one blade per cut because they dull the blade so much.

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Reply #35 on: September 15, 2021, 04:31:07 PM
Charles, looks nice!
And finally my bagster Comfort Luxe w/bultex foam arrived.  I was debating gel vs bultex, as gel is another upgrade option.  I had read in the tracer  900 forum, them leaning to bultex as gel can be firm in cold weather?  This is probably bs.  But overall I did not want the seat to be too high.  I asked them if the gel is significantly different they said yes, looks different.  Now I'm not sure if that is taller or what.
Anyhow mine just arrived.
My first impression is that yes it's a bit thicker than oem seat.  But it's a much softer foam and you sink into it.  So the seat height is the same with more comfort.
Here are the pictures:

Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:38:44 PM by Teddy_900

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Reply #36 on: September 15, 2021, 04:37:35 PM

Well it's been raining out local and roads still wet.
Later should be dry for a test ride for my full impression.  Yes I ride in the cold n rain etc, just don't feel like doing a ton of cleaning at the moment lol.
So far I really like it.  Sitting on it in my garage I still have that in the bike feel, it actually feels more attached due to that baby soft foam.

And whoever asked about their woman on the rear seat, yes your wife would be happier on the rear seat, definitely bigger and way softer.  She would sink into it too.  Still not the biggest or best rear seat, but certainly an improvement.

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Reply #37 on: September 15, 2021, 04:42:00 PM

So I can definitely recommend Silverstone Motor in France.  If you use Google translate you can figure out the options for the 2021 seat.  Pick your colors, choose from standard Confort Luxe, Bultex, Gel, even heated seats.
Mine with the Bultex upgrade was just under 410 usd delivered.
And I'm sure Hugo at Silverstone would work with you to get the right one for you.  Especially if you sent him a picture of what you wanted.  Just reply to your order confirmation and he was very responsive, friendly and courteous.
Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:48:09 PM by Teddy_900

Offline RokDaKirba

• Z900 Junior Member
Reply #38 on: September 15, 2021, 04:54:32 PM
Wow, it looks great! Thank you for your detailed presentation! I'm impressed that the red color on the seat matches the one on the bike!  :152:

So you can feel straight away that it's more comfortable than oem seat? Do you think that sinking in the foam is just right, not too much?
And the height is the same as OEM when you sitting on it?

I hope that roads will dry soon, so you can test in on the field!  :305:

Offline Pharo92

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2021 white z900
  • Town / City: Howard
Reply #39 on: September 15, 2021, 06:11:26 PM
Yeah thanks for the solid review so far Teddy. It looks awesome and $410 for both seats is a lot cheaper than I was expecting. I might have to check these guys out and see if they can match the green just as well.