Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Charlesr6s

• Z900 Junior Member
Re: Aftermarket seat opinions for the 2021?
Reply #40 on: September 15, 2021, 06:19:01 PM
Teddy that red does look great!

The gel was totally worth it. Didn't raise the seat up at all, they cut out the foam where your butt sits and just replace it. Didnt feel a difference between 45-90 degree weather. Im sure yours will be great regardless. The stock foam is trash, I should have taken a picture of it to show you guys. If you feel like you're sitting on the plastic structure, its because you are.

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #41 on: September 15, 2021, 06:49:57 PM
Was hoping the Z900 seat shape would be different than the Z800 photo that I posted. Still not seeing a sculpted shape. Not sure what the difference in comfort level might be between the different seat shapes. Also, not sure about material durability compared to the Corbin, which is really solid (like near indestructible).

$400 for both seats from Bagster compared to $400 for front only from Corbin (or $450 LAMM). Maybe I'm a bit Corbin biased, but the Bagster flat rounded shape isn't doing it for me, yet. Guess it depends on the level of firmness (or pillow-ness) of the foam used and how butt cheeks fit on that seat shape. I'm sure it is way more comfortable than the OEM seat.

Thanks for posting photos, much appreciated.

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Reply #42 on: September 15, 2021, 07:01:29 PM
Thanks a lot Charles, yours looks great, and I definitely wonder what the bagster gel would be like.  Maybe someone here will post 😁

And thanks Rooster.  I'm sure the Corbin is going to be more durable over the long run.  Looks really to be high quality.  I too wonder about how the durability will be long term.  Anyway, here is my review:

So I just got back from a 50 mile ride.  Overcast with sprinkles, to dry conditions.
And about me, I'm 5'11" 160 lbs with bony @ss lol.

All I can say is two thumbs up on the bagster w/bultex.  Was everything I hoped it would be.  Backing out of my drive on my own two feet, I felt ever so slightly taller.
But riding it feels awesome.  Still feel like I am in the bike.  Can definitely still ride like a sport bike.
Just comfort all around.  Hugs you perfectly.
And it actually makes the stiff suspension feel more spongy!  Really does.  It just feels great and feels meant for this bike.  Feels like a factory original bike still just way more comfortable. 
The only con I would say is on a hot day you will be warmer on the rear end.  On a slightly chilly day like today's conditions felt comforting and warm, just right.  Definitely feel like you can ride a lot longer comfortably.
This would be really great in the winter time too.
I'd say don't hesitate and get the Bagster Comfort Luxe w/bultex if you want a more comfortable but still oem feel.

And I tried the Ergo-Fit comfort seat first.  That was a huge mistake.  Felt like a brick up my rear end.  Tried selling it here, then sold it on ebay, and had to eat 50 or 60 bucks just to get rid of it.
But this bagster is definitely legit and what I was hoping for.  So hope some of you guys will give it a try!
Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 07:13:01 PM by Teddy_900

Offline RokDaKirba

• Z900 Junior Member
Reply #43 on: September 15, 2021, 07:23:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Teddy_900 [+]
Backing out of my drive on my own two feet, I felt ever so slightly taller.

So would you say that the sitting position is lower than OEM?

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Reply #44 on: September 15, 2021, 07:33:42 PM
Rok, same height to slightly taller.  Perhaps that taller feeling was due to it being slightly wider.  Definitely not lower.

Also when I was hunting for this seat I typed Bagster France into a search.  There are an infinite amount of ways you can customize and materials.  I suppose you could ask for all vinyl, etc.
I was intimated by their website.  Don't speak French and knew I would screw something up.
Silverstone website had just a few choices making it easier and got what I wanted.  If it was all vinyl maybe a bit more durable?
Anyway, I'm really happy and love my Z900 even more now.  That tune from 2wheeldynoworks really smoothed things out as well and less herky jerky on throttle etc.  Really happy with my setup.
Only thing I'll do in the future is add this 520 conversion.  I'll wait till I wear out oem.  Just want to ride and finished my main mods.

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #45 on: September 15, 2021, 09:26:07 PM
"Still feel like I am in the bike.  Just comfort all around. Hugs you perfectly.  And it actually makes the stiff suspension feel more spongy!"

Sounds great!  Thanks for sharing photos AND your impressions.  :821:

"And I tried the Ergo-Fit comfort seat first.  That was a huge mistake.  Felt like a brick up my rear end."  

Exactly, same here with the OEM lower seat.   :151:

What is the material that runs down the middle of the seat? Some sort of cloth or vinyl....

Offline Teddy_900

• Z900 Member
Reply #46 on: September 15, 2021, 09:43:29 PM
*Originally Posted by RedRooster [+]

What is the material that runs down the middle of the seat? Some sort of cloth or vinyl....

Not sure.  Those combinations are "squared black & matte black"
Silverstone was offering a special when I ordered.
For full customization of materials and colors you can order direct from Bagster too, but again, language barrier and almost too many choices for me.

https://www.bagster.com/fr/

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 z900
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #47 on: September 16, 2021, 03:54:51 AM
Thank you @Teddy!

"On a hot day you will be warmer on the rear end". I live in Texas so I certainly don't want to be warmer on my butt! Are you saying the type of material conducts heat more?
Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 03:59:33 AM by jbolin