Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fancy LED lighting - Anyone?  (Read 912 times)

Offline jamestpc

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Fonthill
Fancy LED lighting - Anyone?
on: August 06, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
So on some previous bikes (my busas), i've installed hidden coloured LED kits just for the fun/show factor - many ppl say they want these installed for visibility purposes but they're only really visible when you're nearby on a dark road but if your headlight or taillight isn't enough, then i question the world.

ANyhow,

Does anyone have these kind of lights installed on their bikes?  Its my first naked bike so there's only so many places to hide the sources and the wiring, so just wanted to see if anyone has successfully installed a kit...

THanks...
James

2017 z900
2006 stratoliner midnight

Offline BroskiiX

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: NWA
Re: Fancy LED lighting - Anyone?
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 04:27:11 PM
People just don't pay attention anymore, or they simply don't care. 🤷🏾‍♂️

It's was pretty simple to install, way easier to install than a fully faired bike. Turns lots of heads, not all but some, I see them gawking lol

This is who I went with. 2 years strong, countless washes , rain, shine, heat etc etc still holding up strong. I did use sealant around the connectors just to be sure. They are much brighter in person and look hella cool when it's pitch black.

https://www.opt-7.com/aura-10pc-motorcycle-multcolor-led-light-strip-kit-for-sport-bikes/

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 z900
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 11:09:06 PM
One of the first things I did was install LEDs. I would definitely debate that people notice me which was my primary reason. (I actually use to make fun of people with LEDs so I wouldn't say I got them to be cool... Called them Ghetto lol :008:). I get it now though, for a motorcycle. I see all these YT videos of bikes getting pulled out in front of and while it does happen to me, it really is not often. I live in one of the biggest cities in the world and I can tell people double check when they see something green moving towards them. I akin it to red or blue lights the police use. People just seem to wake up a little from their driving trance when they see something different barreling down the road.

If I had it to do over, I would have definitely liked having a 3 wire kit that also connected to the break light and smart phone blue tooth options. I just went cheap to get it done as my thought was safety now. I paid $40 on amazon but its not available there anymore. Here is a link from Walmart - https://www.walmart.com/ip/AMBOTHER-8Pcs-Motorcycle-LED-Light-Kits-Strips-DC-12-Volt-Waterproof-RGB-Multi-Color-Underglow-Neon-Ground-Effect-Atmosphere-Lights-Remote-Adhesives-/675783815

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2020 z900
  • Town / City: Houston
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 02:56:36 AM
I thought I should mention that you will want to check with your local authorities on what's legal. Where I am located, its really only legal to have white or amber lights attached to your vehicles. However, I have learned they will look the other way as long as its not red or blue (which of course mimics the medical and emergency teams which you don't want to do that for safety reasons).

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 09:44:24 AM
Yeah in Australia they are illegal apart from show purposes. Static display only that is.. 

Offline superpig

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 01:02:11 AM
Is it christmas or april 1st... I can't tell.  :137:
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Offline jamestpc

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Fonthill
Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 04:59:04 PM
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
Is it christmas or april 1st... I can't tell.  :137:

Some people like them, some people don't....unsure what to tell you...
James

2017 z900
2006 stratoliner midnight