Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shorty exhaust options  (Read 3063 times)

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2020 z900
  • Town / City: Houston
Shorty exhaust options
on: August 20, 2021, 03:43:19 AM
Lots of posts lately from me guys sorry! Just trying to figure out what all my options are and laying out a plan for modifications for the future :)

I want an exhaust system that basically dumps off right under the bike and doesn't stick out to much or at all. I spent hours today going through the forums and this is the only one I found. https://csracingusa.com/collections/kawasaki/z900

I do really like the look of this CSR system so it may be the one! Just want to make sure first, are there any other competitors with similar style? I'm not to worried about weight/performance or even sound as long as its not so loud its waking up my neighbors in the morning. Are the CSRs much louder than stock?

Anyone have the full CSR system for a while now and still enjoy it?

Thanks in advance!

Online PJ69

• Z900 Member
  • Government funded = tax payer funded
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Rushden
Re: Shorty exhaust options
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 09:42:05 AM
The IXIL SX1 is a perfect solution. It sits completely under the bike and is Euro4 compliant at least, so Cat and Quiet I guess.

https://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-super-xtreme-sx1-full-exhaust-kawasaki-z-900-2017-2018/#.YR9qky14WhA

The government cannot give anything to a person it has not first taken from someone else.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 01:30:23 PM
Firetong make an exhaust system that’s very similar to the CS racing, but to be honest I’d go with the CS. Sound wise, it’s 99dB with the baffle, 101 without, so not over the top.
Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 01:31:03 PM by RobZ900
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 03:34:13 PM
@PJ69 - Thanks! I will take a look this weekend.

@RobZ900 - Thanks Rob. I saw those 99/101db numbers somewhere during my research yesterday. What I could not find is what is the stock exhaust DB for comparison. Anyone have that number?

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 04:09:10 PM
93dB @ 4,750 revs. Keep in mind that the perceived volume doubles for each 3dB you add, so with the baffle, the volume of the CS will will have doubled twice.
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 04:13:52 PM
Awesome thanks... Excellent reminder that db is not linear as I did forget that!

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 08:44:08 PM
During my searching quest I saw a few reviews talking about just removing the stock exhaust can where it just dumps out right after the bread pan so I quickly ran outside and did this 10 minute mod!!! I enjoy the new sound and feel a lot more. I just really don't like that big exhaust.

However, now I am wondering about rain water getting in the tip. If I stop in an outdoor parking lot and sit it over on its stand, the pipe looks like a pitcher just waiting to catch water. Anyone done this, and does it matter if I get some water in there?

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 10:04:58 PM
Cant see that it would matter to be honest. Any water that gets in there cant get up to the engine, so itll just get pushed out/dried out once you start the bike up again.

Offline jbolin

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #8 on: August 20, 2021, 10:25:24 PM
Awesome! In that case...

Online PJ69

• Z900 Member
  • Government funded = tax payer funded
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Rushden
Reply #9 on: August 23, 2021, 09:26:34 AM
I ran my Versys like that for a weekend over lockdown while I waited for my Leo Vince to arrive. Sounded great without being obnoxious. I rode past a Police speed trap (2 officers with a speed gun hiding) and they didnt have a problem.
The government cannot give anything to a person it has not first taken from someone else.