Yes, a rather rude post no doubt.... but not an entirely useless editorial either. Seems like many of the snow flakes today are not appreciative of others intruding upon their space (including their hearing space). I'm no different than most riders, I like how modified exhausts can sound much better than OEM pipes. In low-speed situations like parking lots and slow-moving congested traffic, I think loud pipes can be useful if revved to provide attention-getting noise. But even with that said, I'm not so sure loud pipes (or rev bombing) can save lives in most scenarios. The only sound that most drivers can hear in a vehicle with closed windows, is that of emergency vehicle sirens.
Just something to ponder....How many of these accident scenarios can be prevented by having loud pipes?
1. Driver running a red light from left or right.
2. Driver entering roadway from left or right did not see you.
3. Driver turning across road in front of oncoming traffic did not see you.
4. Driver not watching road (texting or whatever) and crosses center line.
5.. Driver changing lanes, did not see you (especially on expressway).
6. Driver approaching stopped traffic too fast and can't stop in time.
7. Driver tail-gating and cannot stop in time.
8. Parked vehicle opening door into lane of traffic.
9. Lane splitting, driver ahead changing lanes and did not see you.
10. Obstacles in the road.
Good luck with your exhaust modifications. The Z can sound really awesome with the right setup.