Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shorty exhaust options  (Read 3064 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RedRooster

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 284
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
  • Country: us
Re: Shorty exhaust options
Reply #40 on: August 29, 2021, 11:53:30 AM
*Originally Posted by jbolin [+]
My wife started showing interest in riding on the back of the bike with me a couple weeks ago. This ultimately led me to purchase a set of rider gear for her over the past couple weeks. Gear is so expensive!!!

Yes, protective gear can be a big chunk of money, and good for you and her making that investment.  Protective gear comes first, then mods to the bike.... including exhaust systems.

I just shake my head when I see riders (and sometimes their other half) wearing t-shirts or shorts or tennis shoes, and NO helmets. Obviously it's their choice and their body, but I just can't get this image out of my head...

a cracked open watermelon or a piece of road-rashed meat laying on the pavement... if or when the unfortunate happens.  :110:

Okay, now I'm done.  :159:

Online Led Zed 70

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 761
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
  • Country: us
Re: Shorty exhaust options
Reply #41 on: August 30, 2021, 05:07:22 AM
Speed racer, you have insulted  multiple members with your back handed comments, words or wisdom as you see it fit. I wouldnt think you would be so thin skinned with all your knowledge etc! We are just giving it back and having a little fun! Piece brother!!👍
Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:08:23 AM by Led Zed 70

Offline TwiggLe

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: '21 Z900
  • Town / City: Akron, Ohio
  • Country: us
Re: Shorty exhaust options
Reply #42 on: September 01, 2021, 03:02:56 AM
If anyone sees/finds a CSRacing/FireTong knock off slip-on point me in it's direction. Don't see how the Slip-On they sell is worth $370+.

I was tempted to just get a tip to put on per the $8 slip-on thread has. But I just like how the other's look. Wouldn't have minded if Kawasaki made the Z900 exhaust look more like the Z650 exhaust.

Offline akaSUPERMAN

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Bike: '19 Z900
  • Town / City: Oakley
  • Country: us
Re: Shorty exhaust options
Reply #43 on: September 01, 2021, 03:12:35 AM
*Originally Posted by TwiggLe [+]
If anyone sees/finds a CSRacing/FireTong knock off slip-on point me in it's direction. Don't see how the Slip-On they sell is worth $370+.

I was tempted to just get a tip to put on per the $8 slip-on thread has. But I just like how the other's look. Wouldn't have minded if Kawasaki made the Z900 exhaust look more like the Z650 exhaust.

I've been researching exhaustively for a couple weeks and haven't seen a knock off of the style you're looking for, especially in sub $300 price point. There are slip-ons for cheaper but not that style. Why not save your coins for the real deal?
Here's to black coffee, neat whiskey, and making the most of all the nonsense in between.

Offline TwiggLe

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: '21 Z900
  • Town / City: Akron, Ohio
  • Country: us
Re: Shorty exhaust options
Reply #44 on: September 01, 2021, 03:31:11 AM
*Originally Posted by akaSUPERMAN [+]
I've been researching exhaustively for a couple weeks and haven't seen a knock off of the style you're looking for, especially in sub $300 price point. There are slip-ons for cheaper but not that style. Why not save your coins for the real deal?

I can afford the slip-on or full system. That's not the issue.
Just don't see the slip-on being worth what they are asking.

Offline akaSUPERMAN

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Bike: '19 Z900
  • Town / City: Oakley
  • Country: us
Re: Shorty exhaust options
Reply #45 on: September 01, 2021, 04:32:18 AM
*Originally Posted by TwiggLe [+]
I can afford the slip-on or full system. That's not the issue.
Just don't see the slip-on being worth what they are asking.

Gotcha. If you're married to the look the CS or firetong provides, I wish you well in your hunt lol. If it's the price point and bang for buck, check out Delkevic. I just bought their full system with the 8" can for just shy of $600. I had their full system on my Vulcan 650 last and it was badass.

Titanium, ceramic coated and polished stainless aren't cheap materials, so if you find a full exhaust for less than $400, or a slip on for less than $200, I'd actually steer clear. More than likely you'll end up with shoddy welds, poor fitment, etc. Good luck 👍🏾
Here's to black coffee, neat whiskey, and making the most of all the nonsense in between.