Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tail bag  (Read 1969 times)

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Re: Tail bag
Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 02:31:27 AM
Here is something I made up. I bought a used passenger seat from another member so I still have my original.
https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,544.msg5603.html#msg5603
Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 02:35:14 AM by zed9

Offline KellyL

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900, W800, RS250
Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 03:36:38 AM
*Originally Posted by hazy [+]
It'd be pretty cool if there was a storage option that replaced the rear seat using the same mount.  Sort of like a bigger seat cowl with storage...that's well beyond my capability though

Hepco & Becker have a mounting plate that replaces the pillion pad, but it's quite pricey. https://www.hepco-becker.de/en/meinbike/kawasaki/z-900-2017/sportrack-for-kawasaki-z-900-from-2017.html

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 01:58:01 PM
*Originally Posted by KellyL [+]
Hepco & Becker have a mounting plate that replaces the pillion pad, but it's quite pricey. https://www.hepco-becker.de/en/meinbike/kawasaki/z-900-2017/sportrack-for-kawasaki-z-900-from-2017.html
The Hepco plate, besides its hideous appearance, looks like it would let rain underneath. I had considered it but was grossed out.
Did you not look at the link I provided? It's cheap and easy and you can go as large as you want with your rack. I made mine up in about an hour once I gathered the stuff at the hardware store.

Offline Celery

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: New York
Reply #13 on: September 02, 2021, 03:53:38 PM
I use kriega bags for everything and have never been let down. 

Offline Boomerbiker

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Perth
Reply #14 on: September 21, 2021, 05:52:24 AM
I have removed the unusable pillion seat and installed the hepco & Becker sports rack for a good base for luggage cargo net on weekend rides; and the adaptor mounting plate and too box for weekdays commute to lock  the helmet & gloves in .

Offline Pharo92

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2021 white z900
  • Town / City: Howard
Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 06:29:35 PM
*Originally Posted by iakona [+]
I bought a Nelson Rigg Commuter Lite. Love it. Pretty sleek way to attach but you can mess around and find what you like for attachment. It comes in a larger size as well. Works great for what I need and also serves as a nice little back rest sometimes  :152:

Do you have any pictures with it on? I've been looking into a tail bag but options seem limited. I'm just looking for something that could hold a few things from the grocery store and my clear face shield instead of cramming my backpack full and barely being able to zip it up haha.

Offline FUAC

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Upstate NY
Reply #16 on: September 24, 2021, 08:09:55 PM
*Originally Posted by Pharo92 [+]
Do you have any pictures with it on? I've been looking into a tail bag but options seem limited. I'm just looking for something that could hold a few things from the grocery store and my clear face shield instead of cramming my backpack full and barely being able to zip it up haha.

I messaged him last night about pics. He said he'd post some. I can't decide between the lite or commuter size. I found one picture on reddit of a Z900 with the commuter

Online iakona

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
Reply #17 on: September 26, 2021, 01:38:19 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. My internet was down past couple days and was having trouble uploading photos. I was able to do some but have others as well. You can PM me if you want and can exchange via email unless someone out there can help me with uploading  :008:
Anyway hope this helps. There is also a couple videos on youtube about this bag for help on mounting.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
Reply #18 on: September 26, 2021, 02:25:39 PM
*Originally Posted by iakona [+]
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. My internet was down past couple days and was having trouble uploading photos. I was able to do some but have others as well. You can PM me if you want and can exchange via email unless someone out there can help me with uploading  :008:
Anyway hope this helps. There is also a couple videos on youtube about this bag for help on mounting.
That's the Nelson Commuter Lite? I like it.
To access under the seat you would have to unstrap it?
I just saw on eBay someone selling a z900 passenger seat for $25. The bag could be attached to the seat via a rack which would eleviate the need to strap the bag to the bike itself.

Online iakona

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
Reply #19 on: September 26, 2021, 02:47:29 PM
Yes it is the commuter lite. So the way your supposed to strap it according to directions is the straps actually sit under the seat. To remove the bag just unbuckle the straps and bag comes off. To remove the seat just remove the seat and bag comes with it as it is actually attached to the seat itself. I have found it difficult to strap the way it is supposed to be because the straps are quite long and our under seat area is quite small lol. What I do is attach the front one the proper way under the seat. The rear one I use the straps around and under the tail itself. I have a vagabond eliminator so the straps sit against the hardware for that quite nicely. If you want to access under the seat you have to remove this back one but if I am riding with the bag no need to get under seat.