Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Radiator bugs  (Read 753 times)

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Re: Radiator bugs
Reply #10 on: September 21, 2021, 02:56:46 AM
*Originally Posted by Cruzian3 [+]
I've seen people with bikes like that cuz they never wash it, but if that's just from one ride and your helmet is that plastered,  that's just gross.   What are those anyway? 

I'd carry a travel pack of baby wipes.  Also please post a picture of a Harley rider sporting a half helmet from your neck of the woods.
This all happened in one ride. Threw away the riding shirt. While that day there were an unusual amount of lovebugs, they are common here in a very narrow window of a season. They don't smell and are harmless otherwise.

Bugs are nothing...back in May a 3ft bird (Great Egret) decided to take off right in front of me while I was doing 90mph on highway. Hit the poor thing just above my headlight. No damage...except for the dead bird.

BTW: Most Harley riders here don't ride with any helmet (zero helmet laws).
Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 02:57:23 AM by Frontline
SAVE OUR RACECARS! - Support the RPM Act - SEMA.ORG/RPM

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 05:01:52 AM

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 03:19:12 AM
No helmet or open face helmet riders eat bugs as a morning snack... don't have to stop for donuts.  :745:

When dusk arrives and riding through low areas by creeks and rivers... the Miller bugs plaster everything. Soft white powdery winged things.

Yeah... soapy water, let it soak, and a soft toothbrush does the job pretty good.