Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Corbin Seat  (Read 782 times)

Offline Smoky

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: E. Tenn
Corbin Seat
on: September 21, 2021, 01:05:03 AM
I'm thinking about ordering one. Anybody regret their purchase?

Offline Cruzian3

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Manteca
Re: Corbin Seat
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 05:51:30 PM
nope.  love it.  the one I have has smooth leather.  easier to body position.

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 06:01:50 PM
I didn't purchase one, because it was on the bike when I bought it used. But no, I would not have regretted buying this Corbin seat. It is WAY more comfortable than the OEM seat. For me, the original seat is like riding on a 2x6 board.

Riding time comfort until sore butt.... about 30 minutes on the OEM seat... about 1-1/2 to 2 hours on the Corbin.

Corbin is wider and scooped-out at the rear, where butt cheeks are planted comfortably.

OEM seat

https://photos.z900forum.com/image/FF2bK

CORBIN seat

https://photos.z900forum.com/image/FFHnr

Offline Smoky

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 08:09:43 PM
I'm looking at the baby Alligator for the seating area. Not going to rush the order. Going to think about it a month or two. Also see if anyone has any negative comments

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 01:11:47 AM
Comfort of a seat is different for everyone so the term YMMV fits exactly here.

However, I really didn't like the Corbin. It's like sitting on a spoon, which may sound comfortable but to me it feels like an ideal shape for a simple touring seat. If you move around the seat when riding aggressive, you may find it not as nice as it appears. Another thing is the left and right (forward) edges dig into the back of my legs and after a while riding, creates a little bit of a sore spot. If you look at the picture above of the Corbin seat, the area in front of the red piping to the forward corner. This is a harder 90 degree edge than it should be IMO.

The biggest advise I can give is if you intend to buy one, order it as if you are a tall rider (mention it in order form). They can put in more bottom (raise) and will help a little more. Two of the best things about Corbin, made in USA and if you don't like something about it once you get seat, they will do one FREE adjustment. Riding friend that has one sent his back for a re-adjustment (better now but still doesn't use it).
Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:14:26 AM by Frontline
SAVE OUR RACECARS! - Support the RPM Act - SEMA.ORG/RPM

Offline Smoky

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 01:37:51 AM
Yeah thats what concerns me. If I don't like it I'm out 500 bucks

Offline Cruzian3

• Z900 Member
Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 01:40:12 AM
check ebay.  also craigslist.   I'm in California but found mine in Florida.   

I'm actually 1 hour away from Corbin but it's not any cheaper. 
Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:42:18 AM by Cruzian3

Offline Smoky

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 01:42:14 AM
Hey thanks! Never even thought about that. Like yours?

Offline Cruzian3

• Z900 Member
Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 01:46:46 AM
*Originally Posted by Smoky [+]
Hey thanks! Never even thought about that. Like yours?

Whats funny was I wasn't even looking for a corbin.  I was looking for the mra windscreen.   the gentleman said if I bought his corbin then he would throw in the windscreen for free.  So I thought ok, I'll buy it then put it on ebay for the same price and I'll get the windscreen for free.  well I ended up liking the seat.

when using CL, I just keep the search criteria the same and keep moving the map to different parts of the country and see what pops up.  I found my heated gear by searching all them northern states. 
Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:50:50 AM by Cruzian3

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 02:01:25 PM
Yes, the term YMMV applies to seat choice in regard to body weight, inseam, etc. and the type of riding.

"left and right (forward) edges dig into the back of my legs and after a while riding, creates a little bit of a sore spot."

I have never experienced that on the two Corbin seats I've owned.  I had a smooth leather Corbin on the SV650, which was like Cruzian3 said... made for easy body positioning.

"it feels like an ideal shape for a simple touring seat"

Yes, that's probably why I prefer the Corbin over the board-like feel of the OEM seat. There are no  "canyon carving" type roads around these parts, mostly straight roads with some wide sweeping curves. For those who commute or tour (stop for fuel anyways around the 2 to 3 hour mark), I think the Corbin is definitely a comfort upgrade... at least for me. And if one doesn't really care about matching the pillion seat pad, the Corbin is listed at $380 for the front seat only.