Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Life Outdoors at 42 N 89 W  (Read 2566 times)

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2018 Persimmon Red
Re: Life Outdoors at 42 N 89 W
Reply #30 on: November 24, 2021, 10:13:53 PM
Nov 21 - a worked over Frasier fir tree, not much good for hanging ornaments now.   

Have a Happy Thanksgiving...

and I hope you enjoy this Bald Eagle video (photos and production by yours truly). Outdoor wonders never cease to amaze me.

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #31 on: November 30, 2021, 11:19:47 PM
Nov 30 Only 3 hunts since Nov. 17. The lockdown is a tough one, as always deer movement at a minimum. When returning from a morning hunt yesterday, I walked past the NW Corner stand a large scrape very close to the stand (visible in photo).

This mornings hunt reminded me once again how things change drastically after breeding and gun hunting. Mature mama Does are very cautious and spook easily. With foliage down and freezing temperatures common in the mornings their noses pick up anything that seems out of place. Sure enough, when this Doe walked the same path that I did one hour earlier she picked up something not right and backed out instead of crossing the creek. Looks like she is injured in some way, she's limping on her left rear leg.

A very rare moment at 10:00 this morning - an opportunity to film a Ring-necked Pheasant. They are usually in heavy cover and I only hear them, very rarely see them. This rooster was enjoying some left-over corn before it gets plowed under later this week. Not sure what spooked him but he got out of there in a hurry.

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #32 on: Today at 02:24:31 AM
Cool videos as usual, thanks. Man you aint kidding on the lock down we havent been seeing much movement either here in TX. Also we had good rain this year so not having to come out of cover.

Offline RedRooster

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #33 on: Today at 03:05:26 AM
So, when there is little to no rain... you guys are hunting water holes where there are no continuous-flowing creeks or water ditches in the area?