Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Motogp at Cota  (Read 806 times)

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Motogp at Cota
on: October 04, 2021, 11:57:46 PM
Was lucky enough to see Rossiís last race at COTA Sunday. First time ever seeing motogp in person and it was freaking awesome!! Those bikes are loud and fast! Marquez led the whole race.✌🏻

Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 12:00:12 AM by Led Zed 70

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Re: Motogp at Cota
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 02:45:48 AM
I really want to make my way down there one of these years. Had planned to go in 2020, but that didnít pan out obviously. Thatís awesome that you got to. How far did you travel?

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 02:53:57 AM
Yes it was very cool. Hope you get to make it soon. I only live a few miles north of track so no big deal getting there, paying for it another story! Traffic coming/ going in and out was bad! Traffic all around Austin sucks! The riders said track is bumpy and needs a whole asphalt relay vs patching as is now before they ride on it again. All together itís a nice place though.✌🏻

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 03:29:10 AM
I totally sucked at trying to watch and get pics/video because I was exiting like a little kid! But hereís a couple pics of Marquez wheeling across finish line.
Edit one because file too large on other!

Offline KawaJagz

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Lowestoft
Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 06:46:50 AM
I've seen the MotoGP live several times in the UK at Silverstone and earlier at Donington Park and as you say, those bikes are loud! The sound on TV doesn't do it justice.

I normally make a weekend of it, wander around the whole track on the Friday and Saturday taking photos and checking out the memorabilia before sitting in a grandstand on race day.

I watched the COTA races live on TV and man, were those Moto3 riders that had that huge crash on the back straight lucky to all walk away from that!!!
Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 06:49:46 AM by KawaJagz
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Merseyside/W Lancs.
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 11:41:01 AM
*Originally Posted by KawaJagz [+]
I've seen the MotoGP live several times in the UK at Silverstone and earlier at Donington Park and as you say, those bikes are loud! The sound on TV doesn't do it justice.

I normally make a weekend of it, wander around the whole track on the Friday and Saturday taking photos and checking out the memorabilia before sitting in a grandstand on race day.

I watched the COTA races live on TV and man, were those Moto3 riders that had that huge crash on the back straight lucky to all walk away from that!!!

Attended Silverstone MotoGP this year. First time at the circuit for me but been to Donington MotoGP's previously.
Gonna be weird without Rossi next season. The size of the VR46 merchandising operation was jaw dropping. Not sure how that's gonna work with no obvious successor?
Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 12:25:10 AM
*Originally Posted by KawaJagz [+]

.  Yes that weíre lucky for sure! We were getting food/drinks and everything shut down and was like damn something bad just happened. Thank God everybody pretty walked away from all crashes.

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 12:26:06 AM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Attended Silverstone MotoGP this year. First time at the circuit for me but been to Donington MotoGP's previously.
Gonna be weird without Rossi next season. The size of the VR46 merchandising operation was jaw dropping. Not sure how that's gonna work with no obvious successor?
.   It is crazy! It sold out quickly too!!