Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Strange issue.. Is it clutch related?  (Read 575 times)

Offline SuperRambo

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Strange issue.. Is it clutch related?
on: October 12, 2021, 12:50:04 PM
Got 2020 bike with 23k km on it.
Some time ago started experiencing the following issue: when going +/-4k RPM when slightly rolling off the throttle I can see on tachometer RPMs are going slightly (200 maybe.. hard to tell since it's a bar) up and down couple of times and bike jitters a bit. Closing the throttle completely or opening it helps it.
It happens frequently especially when going downhill, or with relatively heavy passenger.
Tightened the chain to spec but it didn't help.
Wondering if the slipper cam in the clutch activates, but should it in this case? Something wrong with it? Cause it's pretty annoying at times.

Online 3alfa3

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Zagreb
Re: Strange issue.. Is it clutch related?
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 01:05:24 PM
No, it is not clutch related.
It is something with fueling.
Check clutch lever switch: is white pin there or is it broken? Because, if its broken, fueling is different and that is exactly behaviour of the bike when that pin is broken (i had that problem when pin was broken).

If its broken, disconnect connector on switch until you replace switch with new one, that way fueling will be again normal when riding.
Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 01:07:49 PM by 3alfa3

Offline SuperRambo

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 01:42:40 PM
Just checked the switch and the pin is there and looks ok.
If i disconnect the switch for testing would I be able to start the bike being in neutral only?
Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 02:15:14 PM by SuperRambo

Online 3alfa3

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Zagreb
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 02:19:01 PM
*Originally Posted by SuperRambo [+]
If i disconnect the switch for testing would I be able to start the bike being in neutral only?

Yes, but your problem is not the switch, no harm in trying without it (disconnected), but dont expect switch to be your problem.

Better yet, if you cannot start your bike when in gear without clutch lever pulled (be careful, motorcycle might jump), and can with clutch lever pulled (kickstand in riding position), your clutch switch works properly
Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 02:24:03 PM by 3alfa3

Offline SuperRambo

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 04:39:55 PM
Well my switch seems to work fine. Could you elaborate on what may be needed to check as well?

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 04:46:49 AM
If it's fueling, there's a throttle position sensor. They sometimes go out of whack.
They'll be a procedure to check it in the repair manual.