Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Immobilizer not indicating on  (Read 438 times)

Offline Boomerbiker

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Perth
Immobilizer not indicating on
on: October 13, 2021, 03:48:59 AM
The Immobilizer indication recently stopped coming on:
- replaced the battery with new as voltage was dropping - pretty sure it's not the alternator as the auto electrician said the drop did not look like it was the alternator
- Immobilizer indicator came on once afterwards
- not coming again

Anyone else had this problem? I recently installed a quad lock and hooked connection to the battery - but this only uses charge when hooked up to phone  which is very rare.
Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 03:50:09 AM by Boomerbiker

Offline PJ69

• Z900 Pro
  • Government funded = tax payer funded
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Rushden
Re: Immobilizer not indicating on
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 07:41:22 AM
Theres a setting within the dash menus to turn it on & off. Id start there with the simplest explanation. Cant remember the button sequence off the top of my noggin.
The government cannot give anything to a person it has not first taken from someone else.

Offline Boomerbiker

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 08:25:04 AM
Thanks PJ69, yes to suppress the default flashing dash indicator when Immobilizer is on as per manual suppress  the left and right buttons for 4s within 20s of turning off engine.

Problem is the default flashing indicator is not coming on when turning off engine .

Offline Boomerbiker

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 01:52:04 PM
Sorted it out - verified voltage greater than 12 V when stopped - held the 2 buttons on the meter panel button for 4 s twice and the immobilized indicator started indicating again - no logic to this - just a lucky attempt.

Now operates / indicates as it should when switching off engine.