• Z900 God  ‐    1016

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 God
    • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
    • Town / City: Round Rock
    Re: Moto Jeans
    Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2022, 03.24 pm
    Mar 29, 2022, 03.24 pm
    Yep and only ride hyabusas/zx-14ís with extended swing arm and custom paint!

• Offline MZ900   lt

• Z900 God  ‐    1235

Offline MZ900

• Z900 God
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Klaipeda
    Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2022, 03.27 pm
    Mar 29, 2022, 03.27 pm
    *Originally Posted by Led Zed 70 [+]
    Yep and only ride hyabusas/zx-14ís with extended swing arm and custom paint!

Participating in drag racings 😅 

• Offline Led Zed 70   us

• Z900 God  ‐    1016

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 God
    Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2022, 03.40 pm
    Mar 29, 2022, 03.40 pm
    Honey have you seen my drag shorts!🤣

• Offline zed9   us

• Z900 God  ‐    4756

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
    • Bike: 2017 z900
    Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2022, 04.09 am
    Mar 30, 2022, 04.09 am
    *Originally Posted by HKUSPC40 [+]
    I've been looking for moto jeans but they are all goofy huge or super skinny. I really like the look of Klim Fifty 2's but they are expensive af. Hood K7/AAA have a lower price and a better CE rating so I think I'm gonna go with those. Anyone use either? What do y'all use for moto jeans?  :084:
    I saw those Hood jeans and if I were in the market, those would be the ones I'd buy.
    I've owned and worn out five or six pairs of riding jeans from different manufacturers and this is my take. All have had soft Kevlar and some included armor.
    The most comfortable and breathable are 100% cotton. But the problem with 100% cotton is that after a couple of years they wear through usually above the Kevlar above the knees, and all of them were heavy cotton.
    You need a cotton with some nylon in the mix.
    My latest pair is the RevIt Lombard 2 with knee and hip armor. They fit me like a glove and are as comfortable or maybe more comfortable than street jeans. They are cotton with a percentage of nylon in the material. I believe it's called Dyeema? I'm can't remember. I've ridden in them for two or three years and they still look brand new.
    The hottest weather I've ridden with them was a weekend trip and every day was humid, 97 to 100 degrees F. They were warm but not miserably so. Anything would have been toasty that weekend.
    They are heavy but not bulky to walk around in and I believe they will protect in a slide. As for impact on the thin armor, I'm not so sure.
    I don't machine wash them. I let them soak in a tub of water with Woolite then rinse them with the garden hose then let them hang dry.

I also bought a pair of BullIt sr6 but have yet to wear them. They had decent reviews so I bought them as discontinued for less than $100 bucks. They are not as comfortable as the RevIt pants.
    Comfort is important otherwise you'll dread having to wear them.

Expect to pay over $200 bucks. I've yet to see good riding jeans in the $100 dollar range. They usually fit like crap.

I recommend the RevIt Lombard 2 but this is before I discovered the Hood. Go for the Hood then post up your impressions. They ship for free to the US.
    Last Edit: Mar 30, 2022, 04.12 am by zed9

• Z900 God  ‐    1016

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 God
    Reply #24 on: Mar 30, 2022, 05.18 pm
    Mar 30, 2022, 05.18 pm
    Thanks for the Hood Jean info. I like that you can alter the length at no extra charge and they can still be returned if needed even altered. Wish I would have known about these before I got the $300 klim jeans. Thanks again
    Last Edit: Mar 30, 2022, 05.19 pm by Led Zed 70

• Offline HKUSPC40   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    15
    • Topic Author

Offline HKUSPC40

• Z900 Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2018 Z900
    • Town / City: Everett, WA
    Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2022, 06.44 pm
    Mar 30, 2022, 06.44 pm
    *Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
    I saw those Hood jeans and if I were in the market, those would be the ones I'd buy.
    I've owned and worn out five or six pairs of riding jeans from different manufacturers and this is my take. All have had soft Kevlar and some included armor.
    The most comfortable and breathable are 100% cotton. But the problem with 100% cotton is that after a couple of years they wear through usually above the Kevlar above the knees, and all of them were heavy cotton.
    You need a cotton with some nylon in the mix.
    My latest pair is the RevIt Lombard 2 with knee and hip armor. They fit me like a glove and are as comfortable or maybe more comfortable than street jeans. They are cotton with a percentage of nylon in the material. I believe it's called Dyeema? I'm can't remember. I've ridden in them for two or three years and they still look brand new.
    The hottest weather I've ridden with them was a weekend trip and every day was humid, 97 to 100 degrees F. They were warm but not miserably so. Anything would have been toasty that weekend.
    They are heavy but not bulky to walk around in and I believe they will protect in a slide. As for impact on the thin armor, I'm not so sure.
    I don't machine wash them. I let them soak in a tub of water with Woolite then rinse them with the garden hose then let them hang dry.

I also bought a pair of BullIt sr6 but have yet to wear them. They had decent reviews so I bought them as discontinued for less than $100 bucks. They are not as comfortable as the RevIt pants.
    Comfort is important otherwise you'll dread having to wear them.

Expect to pay over $200 bucks. I've yet to see good riding jeans in the $100 dollar range. They usually fit like crap.

I recommend the RevIt Lombard 2 but this is before I discovered the Hood. Go for the Hood then post up your impressions. They ship for free to the US.

Really good feedback here Zed. I'll grab a pair and post up.

• Offline iakona   us

• Z900 Pro  ‐    190

Offline iakona

• Z900 Pro
    • Bike: 2020 Z900
    • Town / City: New York
    Reply #26 on: Apr 09, 2022, 11.10 pm
    Apr 09, 2022, 11.10 pm
    *Originally Posted by HKUSPC40 [+]
    I've been looking for moto jeans but they are all goofy huge or super skinny. I really like the look of Klim Fifty 2's but they are expensive af. Hood K7/AAA have a lower price and a better CE rating so I think I'm gonna go with those. Anyone use either? What do y'all use for moto jeans?  :084:
    I have not tried any motorcycle specific pants yet but I have riding with Kuhl Ryder pants. I love them for regular use and they wrok great for the bike. A little pricey but superb quality and look.

• Offline iakona   us

• Z900 Pro  ‐    190

Offline iakona

• Z900 Pro
    • Bike: 2020 Z900
    • Town / City: New York
    Reply #27 on: Apr 09, 2022, 11.12 pm
    Apr 09, 2022, 11.12 pm
    *Originally Posted by Led Zed 70 [+]
    I have a pair of Klim that wife bought me but they are too expensive in my opinion but seem to be quality. They still look kinda dorky compared to Leviís! Also have a pair of Ironworkers that were fairly cheap and still have the Kevlar liner and pads. I havenít seen any that arenít either skinny or goofy as you said. Let us know if you find some. Also looking for some riding shoes that look cool but also offer protection. Good luck.
    Hey Led. All I can say from experience is that the TCX shoes are excellent. I got a gore tex pair, seems to be enough protection for what they are and are stylish like a good old sneaker for going out in. Good luck in your search

• Z900 God  ‐    1016

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 God
    Reply #28 on: Apr 09, 2022, 11.23 pm
    Apr 09, 2022, 11.23 pm
    Yep I think your right. I narrowed it down to TCX mood dry ( I think that's right) and the Forma swift dry as I already have the Forma hyper and they have held up good. I'm gonna give the TCX a try I think. Thanks for reply.

• Offline Abner   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    14

Offline Abner

• Z900 Member
    • Bike: 2023 Z900 ABS
    • Town / City: Vero Beach FL
    Reply #29 on: May 06, 2023, 06.53 am
    May 06, 2023, 06.53 am
    I bought a new LS2 jacket that matches my bike real good in colors. It came with shoulder and elbow armor and I bought the optional back plate.

I too plan to buy jeans that support armor. I've seen a few on Amazon and just trying to decide which to go with. I want to buy a blue pair and a black pairs to switch thing up.

Love my LS2 jacket.