Author Topic: Moto Fest and Oxley Highway weekend  (Read 190 times)

• Offline MaverickAus   au

• Z900 Pro  ‐    468
    • Topic Author

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2021 Z900
    • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
    Moto Fest and Oxley Highway weekend
    on: Sep 18, 2022, 10.38 am
    Sep 18, 2022, 10.38 am
    As some of you may know I fitted my Ventura rack and new Michelin Road 5's (also as this is my 1st tyre change also had sideways valves fitted)

I had a weekend away to bed in the new tyres and make sure the rack and bag all worked fine. Saturday morning I went to the Wauchope Moto Fest https://motofest.com.au/ which hasn't been on the last few years due to the Wuhan flu and wet weather. RSM Motorcycles (where I bought my Z) had a stand there which featured Kawasaki Australia H2R. They have owned this beast since 2015 and it has a measly 75 KM on it (46 miles) I actually saw this very bike at the Australian leg of the WSBK, photo below is from 2015.

Yesterday

After Moto Fest I rode to my accommodation at Long Flat and had a couple of beers and a feed then shower and off to bed.

Next day I left Long Flat just after 7am and rode the mighty Oxley Highway https://www.shannons.com.au/club/bike-news/bike-rides/new-south-wales-the-oxley-highway-mountain-magic/ to Gingers Creek and had some breakfast at the Gingers Creek Roadhouse. They have had it tough these last 4 years with road closures due to flooding and fires, loss of their accommodation in those fires, Wuhan flu lockdowns and now road closures due to repairs to the road. Please call in if you are in the area (currently only open weekends due to road closures) and buy something I honestly don't know how they have survived this long.

After a bacon and egg roll and hot chocolate I jumped back on the bike and rode back down the Oxley about 10km, turned around and rode back up just for the fun. On to Walcha to fuel up and swap to my winter gloves, it was getting a bit chilly, then to the highest altitude city in Australia Armidale. From there I rode back to the beautiful Dorrigo plateau for some photos.

Called into Dorrigo for lunch with David and Karen then around to see my Sister and down the mountain and home to lube the chain and put my baby away after an enjoyable 620 km (385 miles) weekend.

How was your weekend?

• Online Gloff   au

• Z900 Member  ‐    15

Online Gloff

• Z900 Member
    • Bike: Z900 (2018)
    • Town / City: Kempsey
    Re: Moto Fest and Oxley Highway weekend
    Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2022, 11.12 am
    Sep 18, 2022, 11.12 am
    Hey Man , i was up Gingers on saturday as well on mine. Was planning to stop at motofest on way home to Kempsey but they were packing up when i got back to wauchope. I only had Z900 a week , a red/black 2018 model with 12000k on it. Also getting ventura rack and some bling bits on it and doing a Waterfall way run in the coming weeks. Might see ya on the road somtime 👍

• Offline MaverickAus   au

• Z900 Pro  ‐    468
    • Topic Author

Offline MaverickAus

• Z900 Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2021 Z900
    • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
    Re: Moto Fest and Oxley Highway weekend
    Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2022, 12.31 pm
    Sep 18, 2022, 12.31 pm
    *Originally Posted by Gloff [+]
    Hey Man , i was up Gingers on saturday as well on mine. Was planning to stop at motofest on way home to Kempsey but they were packing up when i got back to wauchope. I only had Z900 a week , a red/black 2018 model with 12000k on it. Also getting ventura rack and some bling bits on it and doing a Waterfall way run in the coming weeks. Might see ya on the road somtime 👍

Let me know when and I'll see if I'm free, I'm going to Victoria week after next for 2 weeks hence the luggage and new tyres.

rockbound