Author 2017 non-ABS Z900 resell value  (Read 990 times)

• Offline Snowman   us

• Z900 Junior Member  ‐    7
    • Topic Author

Offline Snowman

• Z900 Junior Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 Z900
    • Town / City: Fargo
    2017 non-ABS Z900 resell value
    on: Nov 26, 2022, 05.12 pm
    Nov 26, 2022, 05.12 pm
    Hi guys, I was planing on selling my Z in the spring. I've got a stock non-ABS 2017 with about 8700 miles, all black, the only adds are a givi tail rack, radiator guard, oem engine guards, spools in the front and back and an extra touring wind shield. The finish is in almost perfect condition, very well maintained. What do you guys think a fair price would be,  i don't want to be ripped off or rip anyone else off?

I hate to see it go, I love this bike, but I don't really have room for two bike (I totally have room for two bikes, but it would be a hard sell with the lady, I tell myself no room to feel better) and I want a adventure/dual purpose for the summer.

• Offline kevperro   us

• Z900 Member  ‐    31

Offline kevperro

• Z900 Member
    • Town / City: Monroe
    Re: 2017 non-ABS Z900 resell value
    Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2022, 03.20 pm
    Nov 28, 2022, 03.20 pm
    I just bought a 2017 non-ABS black Z900 with 8400 miles, but I'd argue that prices are highly local, and timing dependent.     

Supply and demand are what will ultimately determine the price so just do some research in your local market and see what is selling.    I'd expect to get more for your bike if you are selling in the spring (around here at least) and less if you are selling in the fall.    I'd also approach it as if you were trying to buy a naked bike in the Z900 category.    Look at what else is for sale and what they are asking and price your bike appropriately.   

I bought mine for $5000 but it had some cosmetic damage (front fender cracked, scratches on the clutch cover, small tear in seat) and I bought it when nobody is shopping for a motorcycle.   The fall around here is cold and wet and people are thinking about skiing more than their motorcycles.   I've been in the process of modifying what I want to change on the bike and after fixing all the small things I'm in it for about $5764 but I'm still contemplating sending the suspension into James Daugherty which would put another $650 dent in my budget.   

• Offline Snowman   us

• Z900 Junior Member  ‐    7
    • Topic Author

Offline Snowman

• Z900 Junior Member
    • Topic Author
    • Town / City: Fargo
    Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2022, 05.54 pm
    Nov 28, 2022, 05.54 pm
    Thanks for the reply, that gives me a somewhat of a baseline. I've been keeping an eye out for comparable bikes for a while and I never see much in my area to compare my bike too, so its tough to get a read. Its cold as hell here right now(Fargo), so I'm wait till the spring, the used market has been almost zero up here the last couple years. I've seen a few smaller Z bikes for sell around here for around $4500, I wasn't sure how much more I could get for mine. I've had my Z900 on ATV trails to get to campsites, the Z is definitely out of its element on terrain like that.

Thanks again.

• Offline mininsx   us

• Z900 Pro  ‐    245

Offline mininsx

• Z900 Pro
    • Bike: '17 Z900, '19 SV650
    • Town / City: Central Kentucky
    Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2022, 08.53 pm
    Nov 28, 2022, 08.53 pm
    NADA.com or Kelly Blue Book will give you prices on new and used motorcycles in addition to cars.

rockbound