Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rapid Bike Auto-tuner vs. power commander + dyno?  (Read 3982 times)

Offline BamAustian

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Austin Texas
Re: Rapid Bike Auto-tuner vs. power commander + dyno?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 09:41:02 PM »
For what I use this bike for and working with the guys at AF1, no need to spend money on block off plate.
We put a cap over the port then just slid the hose over it. So it looks stock, but it's not in use :)

Also this method you can do with out removing the gas tank which is nice.

Offline Zrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: syracuse NY
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 09:45:26 PM »
ok just curious because I'm about to install a pc5 and auto tune and didn't wanna have to take the tank off several times.

Offline BamAustian

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Austin Texas
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 09:48:02 PM »
Totally understand that.
You'll be happy with the results.

All I had to do was remove the little plastic pieces below the tank that covers the frame and you can get to everything.

Offline Zrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: syracuse NY
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 10:08:17 PM »
I just need to figure out what to do with the stock o2 sensor. I really don't wanna have a CEL and don't wanna have to swap back and forth. I'm not sure if anyone makes a lambda sensor eliminator but should probably search for one.

Offline Arctodus

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900 2018
  • Town / City: City Bell
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 03:21:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by zbiker11 [+]
I just bought the Akrapovic headers and the Akra titanium slip-on and had a long talk with Akra. They got a tech on the phone and explained how their great results from the dyno came on stock ecu mapping. They claim remapping is not required and bike will not run lean. They did say if you want to add a power commander you can.

I have the Akrapovic headers and the Akra titanium slip-on with the stock configuration and my bike did not run lean!

Offline bmartinZ900

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Denver CO
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 07:48:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Arctodus [+]
I have the Akrapovic headers and the Akra titanium slip-on with the stock configuration and my bike did not run lean!

Do you have the AF graph? I have yet to see a dyno graph proving the stock fueling is lean, which is wonderful. Of course my mantra will always be that an Ecu flash is by far superior to either power commander or rapid bike, but it seems many bike owners believe they are mandatory and they will damage the motor without one. Bottom line is if you are going to put your bike on the dyno anyway, why then not tune it the right way instead of wasting money on these piggy back systems.