Author Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 1019346 times)

0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Zrider   us

    • Z900 Pro  ‐    430
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline Zrider

    • Z900 Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 430
    • Country: us
    • Town / City: syracuse NY
    What did you do to your Z today?
    on: Dec 04, 2017, 11.19 pm
    Dec 04, 2017, 11.19 pm
    had a bunch of parts show up for my z today :046: I always disliked the silver color side panels so they had to go.
    before.

    ========================

    IMPORTANT - BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD

    Admin note: Please ensure you keep to the subject matter, this thread is strickly related to basic mods to your bike (not where you went).

    Essentially If you've done something more interesting/unusual/substantial then please start a NEW TOPIC in the Modifications, Accessories, and Appearance board.

    If you been somewhere and wish to post pics/details of your ride then CREATE a new topic in the Ride Reports and Touring Chat board.

    Please do not ask multiple questions otherwise we'll need to split off those posts into a new topic. If you do have questions then maybe ask the OP of that post to start a more detailed and dedicated topic on the work done.
       :038:

    ========================



    after.



    also got some new shorty levers in black as well.





    I thought maybe we can keep the thread going and see what everyone else has done for the day. it would be  cool to see what everyone else is up to in their garages.

  • Offline BlackZ   us

    • Z900 Pro  ‐    466
    • ***
      #1

    Offline BlackZ

    • Z900 Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 466
    • Country: us
    Re: What did you do to your Z today?
    Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2017, 11.51 pm
    Dec 04, 2017, 11.51 pm
    Looks good Zrider! What did you paint them with? The carbon fiber heel guard look really good too as well as the RG passenger peg blanks. Now you just need some GB racing or RG racing engine covers to finish the look.

  • Offline ras   us

    • Z900 God  ‐    4359
    • *****
      #2

    Offline ras

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 4359
    • Country: us
    • Bike: 2021 Versys 10000
    • Town / City: Central Vermont
    Re: What did you do to your Z today?
    Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2017, 11.57 pm
    Dec 04, 2017, 11.57 pm
    looking good Zrider
    just an FYI you can clean up the clutch side perch by getting rid of the mirror mount....... using a  ninja 650 mount
    Last Edit: Dec 05, 2017, 12.41 am by ras
    2021 Kawasaki Versys 1000

  • Offline Zrider   us

    • Z900 Pro  ‐    430
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #3

    Offline Zrider

    • Z900 Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 430
    • Country: us
    • Town / City: syracuse NY
    Re: What did you do to your Z today?
    Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2017, 12.37 am
    Dec 05, 2017, 12.37 am
    *Originally Posted by BlackZ [+]
    Looks good Zrider! What did you paint them with? The carbon fiber heel guard look really good too as well as the RG passenger peg blanks. Now you just need some GB racing or RG racing engine covers to finish the look.
    I used krylon superbond to paint them. I know its not ideal and its already showing some wear from just 400 miles of my knees rubbing them but it sure beats the color they were. black engine covers are on my list and ive also ordered the arrow carbon exhaust cover.. and the tall ergo seat... and the puig belly pan.... yea I might have a problem lol!

  • Offline Zrider   us

    • Z900 Pro  ‐    430
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline Zrider

    • Z900 Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 430
    • Country: us
    • Town / City: syracuse NY
    Re: What did you do to your Z today?
    Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2017, 12.41 am
    Dec 05, 2017, 12.41 am
    *Originally Posted by ras [+]
    looking good Zrider
    just an FYI you can clean up the clutch side perch by getting ride of the mirror mount....... using a  ninja 650 mount
    nice! that's a good bit of info right there ras. having the blank mirror mounts really is an eye sore. now just to find one for the brake side.

  • Offline ras   us

    • Z900 God  ‐    4359
    • *****
      #5

    Offline ras

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 4359
    • Country: us
    • Bike: 2021 Versys 10000
    • Town / City: Central Vermont
    Re: What did you do to your Z today?
    Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2017, 12.45 am
    Dec 05, 2017, 12.45 am
    *Originally Posted by Zrider [+]
    now just to find one for the brake side.

    same deal, just use the 650 mount. The brake reservoir hides it from sticking out like a sore thumb so I have just left it. Once upon a time there were green ones on Ebay as well  :028:
    2021 Kawasaki Versys 1000

  • Offline iBuchon   us

    • Z900 God  ‐    1229
    • *****
      #6

    Offline iBuchon

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1229
    • Country: us
    • Bike: 2017 Z900
    • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
    Re: What did you do to your Z today?
    Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2017, 01.23 am
    Dec 05, 2017, 01.23 am
    Looks good! I tightened a bolt that was backing out. Exciting. I also rode 50 miles after work before the cold weather hit. Winter modifications are coming soon.

  • Offline Zrider   us

    • Z900 Pro  ‐    430
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #7

    Offline Zrider

    • Z900 Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 430
    • Country: us
    • Town / City: syracuse NY
    Re: What did you do to your Z today?
    Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2017, 01.35 am
    Dec 05, 2017, 01.35 am
    *Originally Posted by iBuchon [+]
    Looks good! I tightened a bolt that was backing out. Exciting. I also rode 50 miles after work before the cold weather hit. Winter modifications are coming soon.
    maintenance is the most important thing you can do and most people don't. I also had the chance to ride the past two days which is odd for central new York in December. my winter usually consists of engine overhauls on my other bikes but it just so happens they aren't in need this winter. that means my Z's gonna get all my attention!

  • Offline BlackZ   us

    • Z900 Pro  ‐    466
    • ***
      #8

    Offline BlackZ

    • Z900 Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 466
    • Country: us
    Re: What did you do to your Z today?
    Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2017, 05.12 am
    Dec 05, 2017, 05.12 am
    *Originally Posted by Zrider [+]
    I used krylon superbond to paint them. I know its not ideal and its already showing some wear from just 400 miles of my knees rubbing them but it sure beats the color they were. black engine covers are on my list and ive also ordered the arrow carbon exhaust cover.. and the tall ergo seat... and the puig belly pan.... yea I might have a problem lol!

    Right on. I didn't see any rub marks in the photos, they look good! I'm right there with you on going buckwild ordering parts...lol. Love to modify bikes.

  • Offline BlackZ   us

    • Z900 Pro  ‐    466
    • ***
      #9

    Offline BlackZ

    • Z900 Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 466
    • Country: us
    Re: What did you do to your Z today?
    Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2017, 05.19 am
    Dec 05, 2017, 05.19 am
    *Originally Posted by ras [+]
    same deal, just use the 650 mount. The brake reservoir hides it from sticking out like a sore thumb so I have just left it. Once upon a time there were green ones on Ebay as well  :028:

    Ras, your the man! I was wondering this question the whole time once I did the bar end mirrors. What year ninja 650 or does it matter? Also oem or aftermarket? I ended up getting some aluminum black anodized mirror plug screws from China. They look 1000 times better than the open holes. These Ninja mounts would look very slick.

     



    rockbound