Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 350201 times)

xLostPunkFoundx and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: Dallas
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3000 on: July 01, 2020, 04:43:26 AM
Figured I'd add these while having the S22's installed. 

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #3001 on: July 01, 2020, 09:34:38 AM
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
Received my second puncture repair kit. First one was too big. This one fit perfect!

I keep meaning to buy this. Ive got a sealant in the tyres thats supposed to seal any holes up to 15mm in diameter and act as a preventative measure against punctures, but want to get this as a backup if it doesnt do what its supposed to. Looking at the picture, theres 1 question. Where youve got it is where I keep my disc lock. With that kit under the seat, could you still fit the disc lock on top of it?

*Originally Posted by turbo_crispy [+]
Figured I'd add these while having the S22's installed. 

Nice, been thinking Ill fit a set of these the next time I change my tyres. Theres 2 sizes normally, what size are these?
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #3002 on: July 01, 2020, 11:56:04 AM
Last time when I had the bigger set I was trying multiple options to make it fit. One was playing around with the tool kit. So you can remove some stuff from the stop & go and add it to the tool kit.

Youll be able to have your disk lock.
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Online turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
Reply #3003 on: July 01, 2020, 02:57:32 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]

Nice, been thinking Ill fit a set of these the next time I change my tyres. Theres 2 sizes normally, what size are these?

Full disclosure, I just asked the shop if they had them, and that I wanted them installed, so I don't know what size they are.  I remember seeing them on the shelf when I was previously in there.  Heck I don't even remember what brand they are. I was supposed to get a email receipt from them, but I'm going to scrub them in at lunch and ride up there and get a paper receipt.  I'll ask what brand, and size they installed. 

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #3004 on: July 01, 2020, 03:04:35 PM
*Originally Posted by turbo_crispy [+]
Full disclosure, I just asked the shop if they had them, and that I wanted them installed, so I don't know what size they are.  I remember seeing them on the shelf when I was previously in there.  Heck I don't even remember what brand they are. I was supposed to get a email receipt from them, but I'm going to scrub them in at lunch and ride up there and get a paper receipt.  I'll ask what brand, and size they installed.

: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900BKF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Reply #3005 on: July 01, 2020, 03:31:26 PM
I usually get the elbow valves first tyre change so much easier than trying get on rubber valve.Something else that should  just come as standard .
Rob I have a Tip Top puncture kit  wrapped inside my hi viz vest  and still have room for disc lock with standard rear seat.Although with seal cowl  it is a bit tighter fit.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
Reply #3006 on: July 01, 2020, 03:39:12 PM
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
Received my second puncture repair kit. First one was too big. This one fit perfect!

Nice, screen shot'd it for a soon purchase.  :028:
I currently have a Nelson Rigg PK30 backpack in that spot but this is more of a need, not a whole lotta stash space left after the undersides got something there (besides my paperwork). Maybe wedge the backpack somewhere in near the toolkit, only need a hands width for it.
My '02 ZRX has been gutted of the air box and switched to pods for years now, Under seat storage kit installed I carry a small MVP air compressor w/ battery connect leads, tire ream/ plug tools, string plugs, 6' jumper cables and Wife can get a thinner sweatshirt in there still. The tail section has a smaller area too.
It weighs just over 500# also  :001:

Handy little bugger
 https://www.nelsonrigg.com/motorcycle-luggage/sport-touring/compact-backpack-cb-pk30-detail
"The ride is the reason"

Online turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
Reply #3007 on: July 01, 2020, 07:49:50 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]

RobZ900, well I totally forgot to ask what 90 degree valve stems they installed, luckily the receipt had the part number.  They're Competition Werkes 11.3mm, #624-1104BK (black).   

Offline Akuma

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900 2017
  • Town / City: Oulu
Reply #3008 on: July 02, 2020, 11:26:33 AM
Daytime running lights.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #3009 on: July 02, 2020, 01:18:52 PM
*Originally Posted by Akuma [+]
Daytime running lights.

Ooh, I quite like that. What brand, how much power do they draw and how much?