Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 158279 times)

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
« Reply #1280 on: April 13, 2019, 07:40:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
What happens if you get hit from behind anyway and then not covered by your insurance because you have illegally modified brake lights?
I think it's a great mod but the law is an ass. Big companies and at fault drivers will look for any way to squirm out of their obligations.

Exactly this. If theyre so distracted that they run into the back of you, chances are a flashing brake light isnt going to make any difference. Youve got to consider why people run in the back of you. Theyre either not looking where theyre going or (more likely) completely engrossed in reading/writing text messages on their phone. In any case, theyre not looking for your brake light, flashing or otherwise.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • OneOfTheNobodies
« Reply #1281 on: April 13, 2019, 07:43:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
What happens if you get hit from behind anyway and then not covered by your insurance because you have illegally modified brake lights?
I think it's a great mod but the law is an ass. Big companies and at fault drivers will look for any way to squirm out of their obligations.

Yes the law is an ass :) ... I am sure my insurance will cover no matter what, there are no where it sates otherwise as far as I know ... I have written with others that ride with this unit and they have had no issues with police or insurance ... but I could get a ticket if I run into a strick police officer but I doubt it would happen ..
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • OneOfTheNobodies
« Reply #1282 on: April 13, 2019, 08:24:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Exactly this. If theyre so distracted that they run into the back of you, chances are a flashing brake light isnt going to make any difference. Youve got to consider why people run in the back of you. Theyre either not looking where theyre going or (more likely) completely engrossed in reading/writing text messages on their phone. In any case, theyre not looking for your brake light, flashing or otherwise.

Well if it even helps alittle I take it , I see this unit as a safty improvement .. the law is just strange, in Danish law it says nothing about breaklight are illegal if it is flashing .. it says nothing about breaklight needes to be a solid red all the time ... Some laws just dont make any sence ..  :151: I will use it and if it turns out to be a problem I will just set it to bypass mode (normal break light) :)
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: KLP
« Reply #1283 on: April 14, 2019, 04:22:49 PM »

Decided to remove all the decals from plastics and add some breath for the rims. Black Z with red chrome rims

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
« Reply #1284 on: April 14, 2019, 04:26:22 PM »
 :028:

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
« Reply #1285 on: April 17, 2019, 05:49:45 PM »
This is the best "mod" or accessory one can do on any motorcycle... I just rolled over 12k miles yesterday, had to take her out for a romantic sunset ride to celebrate  :002:

From mile 00001 to 12,000, shes been a good ride.

Mile 00,001:

Mile 12,000:

Sunset Shot:

GG Kawasaki  :152:

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • OneOfTheNobodies
« Reply #1286 on: April 17, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »

Today I spend about 3 hours cleaning my Z900, gave it a round with ACF50 to protect it from rust, gave it a polish with some wax and shined up the plastics, greased most of the moving parts up and now the beast stands very much like new, with little over 10.000 km on the clock  :305:

Online superpig

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
« Reply #1287 on: April 18, 2019, 12:44:08 AM »

Had a bit of left over silicone tube which was the perfect length to upgrade the black coolant overflow from the reservoir.

Something to be aware of... When I removed the frame covers to be able to access the hose clamp I found that the bolt holding the rear brake fluid reservoir had vibed itself almost completely out. So might be worth checking if you haven't already. Seemed like there was no thread lock on it from the factory. :151:

I checked all the other bolts not too long ago but because this one is nearly totally hidden by the frame cover I must've missed it.  :192:
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Offline wetehan

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z9 & Grom
  • Town / City: Bodrum
« Reply #1288 on: April 18, 2019, 07:22:47 PM »
D.I.Y. exhaust hanger :)

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont