Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 137834 times)

vegie, RR and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bliss4z900

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Calgary
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
« Reply #1380 on: May 12, 2019, 06:53:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
I second that. Those are some really awesome photos. Nice work!
Is that the full akra system?
Thank you! I wanted to take some good photos once the mods were done. Yes, it is the full Akra system. Great growl and nice to have the extra hp and torque.

Offline bliss4z900

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Calgary
« Reply #1381 on: May 12, 2019, 07:07:03 AM »
Just another photo, the Trellis frame really pops and adds some nice contrast. Have to take some shots with the mountains as a backdrop in Banff.

Offline Z900Arizona

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Phoenix
« Reply #1382 on: May 13, 2019, 02:26:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by rockman [+]
I finally got a phone mount. It even has a usb socket. A 15 dollar ebay special ~ https://www.ebay.com/itm/143085128441

Do you think this would fit a radar detector?

Offline Markseanjackson

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Albuquerque
« Reply #1383 on: May 13, 2019, 04:58:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tudtran [+]
I like the way that look. Can you post a close up picture?

Per your request. The rounded shims (laying on the fender) fit within the grommet. They simply provide an outward force that helps keep the whole assembly plugged and secured within the triple-tree.

Offline Tudtran

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Johnstown
« Reply #1384 on: May 13, 2019, 06:36:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Markseanjackson [+]
Per your request. The rounded shims (laying on the fender) fit within the grommet. They simply provide an outward force that helps keep the whole assembly plugged and secured within the triple-tree.

Thank you

Online cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Quebec
« Reply #1385 on: May 14, 2019, 09:00:54 PM »
Last night I installed the Xpel Ultimate Plus Paint Protection Film from Tankslapper, it went not too bad, I think It was a little bit too cold to install it. I'm happy with the result, a little bit of small air bubles but still. At least my paint won't come off  :821:

Offline VIC8BALL

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Alexandria
« Reply #1386 on: May 15, 2019, 12:33:37 PM »
Installed the Luimoto seat cover.  Definitely an improvement to seat comfort and pretty simple to do...

VIC

Offline superpig

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
« Reply #1387 on: May 16, 2019, 05:06:55 PM »
Fitted a double bubble screen bought from ebay for 20. Works reasonably well at redirecting the wind blast. Still deciding if I like the look of a taller screen or not though. One downside was I had to move the horn back to the stock mounting point because of the after market bracket. If I decide that the new screen is staying I'll make an extra bit of metalwork to put the horn back underneath the screen.

ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Offline Bentham

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Bristol
« Reply #1388 on: May 17, 2019, 11:47:02 AM »
Ran out of fuel last night on the way home, trip read 162 miles, funnily enough previous tank got 170 on shell. Before everyone cracks the fuel gauge zero, you ran out gags Im trying to get to know the bike as when Im in Spain we will regularly do 150 mile runs up in the mountains.  :305: live & learn!, the bike is new & im running it in....

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #1389 on: May 17, 2019, 01:27:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bentham [+]
Ran out of fuel last night on the way home, trip read 162 miles, funnily enough previous tank got 170 on shell. Before everyone cracks the fuel gauge zero, you ran out gags Im trying to get to know the bike as when Im in Spain we will regularly do 150 mile runs up in the mountains.  :305: live & learn!, the bike is new & im running it in....

For fuel, the minimum I run is 97 octane. For general riding around/commuting to work, about 150 miles to a tank is about normal for me. Ive had 160 a couple of times when Ive run it all the way down and once did 172 on a long run, but that way all main roads between 40 and 60mph. But as a general rule of thumb, Im looking for fuel once I get to 140 miles or the fuel gauge starts flashing.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!