Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 182275 times)

sutefunu, apirko, mADmAN, RobZ900, Led Zed 70, MZ900 and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Drak3n

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
« Reply #1390 on: May 17, 2019, 10:42:46 PM »
My current record is 320km for one tank, which is almost 200 miles ? But it was only for scientific purposes !
Usually i dont care about petrol, because before refuel is needed, my butt is already dead lol.

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
« Reply #1391 on: May 19, 2019, 07:41:37 AM »
I have the akropovic slip on and am seriously considering getting the akropovic header Tuesday.  I like that the header is lighter than the stock header,  and also allows more power and torque,  but please help me decide if I will be able to adjust to the louder noise.  I really dont know if I will like the  louder noise of a full system on a street bike.  I have a 2015 yz 250 2 stroke dirt bike and it is loud but Im ok with that.  So I am asking,  will I be ok with the louder sound from the z900 with a full akropovic exhaust?  Is it annoying on long trips?  I want the performance,  but dont know if I will like  the z being so loud.
Alabama 47

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #1392 on: May 19, 2019, 07:46:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by Warmweather-Rider [+]
I have the akropovic slip on and am seriously considering getting the akropovic header Tuesday.  I like that the header is lighter than the stock header,  and also allows more power and torque,  but please help me decide if I will be able to adjust to the louder noise.  I really dont know if I will like the  louder noise of a full system on a street bike.  I have a 2015 yz 250 2 stroke dirt bike and it is loud but Im ok with that.  So I am asking,  will I be ok with the louder sound from the z900 with a full akropovic exhaust?  Is it annoying on long trips?  I want the performance,  but dont know if I will like  the z being so loud.

There was another user on here who got a baffle that goes in the end of the link pipe before the slip on. Could be an option if its a bit too loud?
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
« Reply #1394 on: May 19, 2019, 08:04:28 AM »
Thanks for the idea about the baffle.  I looked at the link also internet on aliexpress,  but everything is in a foreign language that I dont know.
Alabama 47

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
« Reply #1395 on: May 19, 2019, 08:51:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Warmweather-Rider [+]
Thanks for the idea about the baffle.  I looked at the link also internet on aliexpress,  but everything is in a foreign language that I dont know.

I struggled with it too, couldnt figure out which one you need. Gives you an idea of the sort of thing I mean though. Personally I hate baffles, think they make the exit of the slip on look ugly, so the idea of a hidden baffle solves that issue for me if its too loud without one.

Offline Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
« Reply #1396 on: May 19, 2019, 10:06:59 AM »
I have the Akra ASZ-T can and Delkevic headers.
The bike is ridiculously loud.  I don't see any other straight through system being any different other than in tone.  The power gain with the headers is very noticeable.
I looked at that insert a while back but the ASZ-T has quite a pronounced bend where it meets the link pipe so I don't think it will fit.  Any I saw where supposed to go into the can.  If you put it in the link pipe it would be back to front.  I don't think it would fit anyway because there is a bend in the end of the link pipe as well. The Akra headers fit both the standard can and the ASZ-T  so I assume the standard can and the Akra link pipe have the same bend.
It might be able to go into the forward end of the link pipe.
I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has fitted one.
There are lots of them on Ebay in whatever your favoured language is.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:09:08 AM by Marco »
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Quebec
« Reply #1397 on: May 23, 2019, 09:16:33 PM »
I tried my new cleaning products (mothers). The bike is shiny as hell! I need a stand to clean the rim easier!

Only need a nice header and the Gb engine cover  :152

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 09:21:44 PM by cjskinner »

Offline Bentham

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Bristol
« Reply #1398 on: May 23, 2019, 09:58:06 PM »
Fitted the Givi tanklock ring to hold the Givi 505 bag, looks quite neat and will be handy for passport, ferry tickets and the like when touring 👍

Online apirko

• Z900 Member
« Reply #1399 on: May 24, 2019, 07:43:01 AM »
I bought the Givi EA123 for my tank which will replace my XS307, which was too big (too high) for comfortable riding. It also interfered with my phone on my handlebar.  I also ordered a H&B Sportrack, because i don't like a heavy backpack on long trips. It's a back killer i tell you...

I also made plans to modify my stock seat with gel. I hope my butt will be gratefull...  :021:

Time to finally start this season...  :018: