Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 179430 times)

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
« Reply #1440 on: June 09, 2019, 08:04:37 AM »
Post a link to ytb

Your exhaust can is fixed only with springs???

Offline RR

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #1441 on: June 09, 2019, 09:41:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by petrorabbit [+]
..i'm not a fan of the shiny exhaust, might wrap the whole thing.

Give it a few miles and it will most likely not be shiny anymore. No issues with the Chinese fitment?

Great race sound and it sounds smooth, no ECU flashed?
EDIT: I just noticed it had no slipon in the video.

*Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
Post a link to ytb

Your exhaust can is fixed only with springs???

See his signature.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:55:54 AM by RR »

Offline petrorabbit

• Z900 Member
« Reply #1442 on: June 09, 2019, 01:56:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by RR [+]
Give it a few miles and it will most likely not be shiny anymore. No issues with the Chinese fitment?

Great race sound and it sounds smooth, no ECU flashed?
EDIT: I just noticed it had no slip-on in the video.

See his signature.

We'll see with use for the color, i almost went for the Titanium color but i didn't to fork that amount of cash on a Chinese exhaust especially before seeing it with my own eyes.
No issues with the fitment at all, i had to bang some pieces with a piece of wood to get them all inserted correctly but it's better than i expected.
No flash, no slip on just installed the headers and went for a ride lol, the gopro doesn't do it justice, i'm sure you could hear the bike 5km away or more.

Yes only springs on the slip-on for now, the one i got for it is way shorter and lighter and this one is very light also, it doesn't move around, i'll do anything to run it without the ugly clamp on it.

The bike was surprisingly clean or crisp with the stock system removed, those rev match became so much easier than before, i'm not sure if it's the engine running differently of just because i can hear/feel the bike more but it definitely seemed to be better and i didn't expect any changes at all. Maybe it's a placebo.

I'll upload something with the R9 slip-on but i don't have good enough footage for the moment.

video=
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 01:59:54 PM by petrorabbit »

Offline Gandar69

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Staffordshire
« Reply #1443 on: June 10, 2019, 08:27:23 PM »
Added Delkevic Headers, Barracuda Mirrors, Barracuda Levers, Rizoma Grips, R&G Tail Tidy & just waiting on radiator guard. Exhaust sounds awesome with the Ackrapovic can on and dB muffler removed. Happy Days  :152:

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #1444 on: June 12, 2019, 01:45:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
I finally installed the most important "accessory" you can have on a Z900.

What did I do to my Z900 today? Just rolled 10,000 miles  :123:

Plan on doing many more of these digits...all the other mods I've done to mine don't mean as much as this latest one. It's been 100.00% flawless...almost boring reliable  :020:

Just did the same today! :152: Was able to catch it rolling over while out on my favorite road which was fitting, ended up finishing the ride at 10,275. Been flawless for me as well which has been typical of every Kawasaki I've ever owned. Looking forward to another 10K (and beyond)!.  :002:

Online cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Quebec
« Reply #1445 on: June 12, 2019, 02:26:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gandar69 [+]
Added Delkevic Headers, Barracuda Mirrors, Barracuda Levers, Rizoma Grips, R&G Tail Tidy & just waiting on radiator guard. Exhaust sounds awesome with the Ackrapovic can on and dB muffler removed. Happy Days  :152:

Is that the givi A4118? If yes, how's the wind with it?

Offline Gandar69

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Staffordshire
« Reply #1446 on: June 12, 2019, 07:22:03 PM »
Not sure what the make is it came on the bike at the dealership. As for wind it's ok but not that much use on the motorways.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #1447 on: June 12, 2019, 07:27:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gandar69 [+]
Not sure what the make is it came on the bike at the dealership. As for wind it's ok but not that much use on the motorways.

Ive found the same with mine. When I got my bike, it came with the tall screen but they were out of stock, so for the first 5 or so weeks I had the stock short screen. Once I fitted the tall screen, I did notice the difference, but then I added the tall seat and undid the benefit of the screen. Ive been looking at either the MRA screen or the Givi offering, though Im leaning towards the Givi screen. As it stands though, a different screen is low on my priority list of things that need doing, so itll have to wait for a while.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #1448 on: June 12, 2019, 07:56:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
Is that the givi A4118? If yes, how's the wind with it?

It's the OEM Kawasaki tall wind screen (links below to the .ca and .com pages for reference). It does help deflect wind off your chest and more toward your head and with a slight tuck you can get under the wind (ex. if needed at higher speeds).

https://www.kawasaki.ca/accessory/meter-cover-1/

https://www.kawasaki.com/accessories/item/smoked-wind-deflector/999940834

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #1449 on: June 12, 2019, 08:49:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Zynycalwon [+]
with a slight tuck you can get under the wind (ex. if needed at higher speeds).

Unless youre 6 6 and using the high seat, then youve got no hope of tucking in behind it and will need a taller screen like I do lol.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!