Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 219731 times)

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #1740 on: November 07, 2019, 09:45:21 PM
Forgot to say, there’s a company called the carbon king that make carbon parts for our bikes. Conveniently they’re based just across the road from where I work. I’ve sent them a message to ask if they could produce the twill weave carbon hugger, but for it to be the same length as the standard hugger with the extension fitted. Just waiting to hear back from them to see if they’d be willing to make it and if so, how much they’d want. I think one fluid piece of carbon would look awesome!
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Alex34

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Aylesbury
Reply #1741 on: November 07, 2019, 09:59:50 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Forgot to say, there’s a company called the carbon king that make carbon parts for our bikes. Conveniently they’re based just across the road from where I work. I’ve sent them a message to ask if they could produce the twill weave carbon hugger, but for it to be the same length as the standard hugger with the extension fitted. Just waiting to hear back from them to see if they’d be willing to make it and if so, how much they’d want. I think one fluid piece of carbon would look awesome!

Funny enough I was scouring the internet the other day looking for a carbon hugger. Couldn't find any extended one piece huggers.
Let us know what the response is!

What shock did you get? Was looking at Nitron myself. Hopefully I will be doing my headers, mirrors and suspension by end of Spring.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #1742 on: November 07, 2019, 11:45:27 PM
*Originally Posted by Alex34 [+]
Funny enough I was scouring the internet the other day looking for a carbon hugger. Couldn't find any extended one piece huggers.
Let us know what the response is!

What shock did you get? Was looking at Nitron myself. Hopefully I will be doing my headers, mirrors and suspension by end of Spring.

I went with Wilbers. They don’t sell a shock for our bike, but the shock for the 2018 Z900RS is exactly the same fit. For the shock with the extra charge for the colour I wanted and the another extra charge for the height adjuster, I paid £700 for a fully adjustable shock. To get the same level of adjustability from Nitron, you’d have to get the R3 shock which is £858. The R2 shock gives you compression damping, but it’s a single adjuster that affects low and high speed, rather than independent control for each. That one is still £68 more than my Wilbers cost me. After a complete ball ache because of too light a spring, which I had to change twice, it’s now set up perfectly and all I can say is it makes a hell of a difference! Can’t wait to get the Andreani cartridge kit for the front. If that makes as much of a positive difference as the shock did, this bike will be 10x the great bike it already was.

Will let you know if I get a response about the hugger. I just think it would look so much nicer than stock with the extension.
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Alex34

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Aylesbury
Reply #1743 on: November 08, 2019, 07:12:55 AM
Good stuff!

Yes, the Andreani kit is on my short list as well. Will have a look at the Wilbers.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #1744 on: November 08, 2019, 07:15:32 AM
*Originally Posted by Alex34 [+]
Good stuff!

Yes, the Andreani kit is on my short list as well. Will have a look at the Wilbers.

You can order direct from them in Germany, but the conversion rate from euros is a killer. Their UK supplier is Rev’s racing in Halesowen if you’re interested. There’s a thread about it in the suspension section.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #1745 on: November 08, 2019, 10:56:11 AM
Had a reply from the carbon king. They don’t produce the parts on site, instead they source out to companies all over the place. They said that the initial moulding cost can be thousands, so unless there’s high demand for something, it’s not financially viable. I asked what numbers would be considered high demand, but I’m guessing the response will be more than the amount of people on here that might be interested. Back to plan A then, which is buy the extension and fit it to the stock hugger until I can afford the carbon hugger. Then I’ll attach the extension to that. I wonder if I could get a carbon wrap to match the carbon hugger as I don’t thing the plastic extension would look very good against it.

Offline mickyk82

• Z900 Member
  • Mickyk82-Melbourne
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Reply #1746 on: November 08, 2019, 11:33:07 AM
Decided to get some cosmetics for the Z and today installed:

Levers - clutch and brake from China (CYN),
Radiator guard (CYN) & used some spray paint to highlight the "Z" logo.
Ram mobile phone mount.

Whats already complete:

Engine guards, DNA Air-filter & tune
LeoVince exhaust and Akra headers.
Rear seat rebuild with new high density foam inserted (100% more comfy without increasing much height)
Kawasaki high seat
Nitron R2 Springs
Nitron TVT Front Forks
USB charging ports (with on-off switch)
Replaced foot rest guard (that OEM Aluminium  plate looked cheap!)
Tail tidy
Kawasaki Sliders
Angel Pirelli GT 2 tires for the rear & GT 1 for front

Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:54:08 AM by mickyk82

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: KLP
Reply #1747 on: November 08, 2019, 12:15:43 PM
Tried these levers on my friends mt09sp, lucky i have escaped accident.... had the bike for a test ride, was following a lady in the front car, when she suddenly decided to stop! My reaction was of course To Slow down/stop, but my fingers occasionally folds brake lever into position UP!!!! F@#%k!!!😡😡😡
 I used rear brakes and steering.... fuuhhh 😬

And i had these levers even same color as yours to install on my z900, but after this experience i got to garage to throw them into garbage bin. Never ever foldable levers for me.

Offline mickyk82

• Z900 Member
  • Mickyk82-Melbourne
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Reply #1748 on: November 08, 2019, 12:27:02 PM
*Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
Tried these levers on my friends mt09sp, lucky i have escaped accident.... had the bike for a test ride, was following a lady in the front car, when she suddenly decided to stop! My reaction was of course To Slow down/stop, but my fingers occasionally folds brake lever into position UP!!!! F@#%k!!!😡😡😡
 I used rear brakes and steering.... fuuhhh 😬

And i had these levers even same color as yours to install on my z900, but after this experience i got to garage to throw them into garbage bin. Never ever fold-able levers for me.

I don't see how they can fully flip up with ease. I've adjusted them to fit my hand and they pull up comfortably ,as I grip tighter. I would have to put force from the bottom (fully underneath) upon the lever and flick it up, to loose the grip, but this would be a totally awkward and incorrect grip position. I've always had adjustable levers and find them alright, but your experience is lucky and not a good experience.

Offline ProfJeff

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Lexington NC
Reply #1749 on: November 13, 2019, 03:19:11 AM
*Originally Posted by mickyk82 [+]
I don't see how they can fully flip up with ease. I've adjusted them to fit my hand and they pull up comfortably ,as I grip tighter. I would have to put force from the bottom (fully underneath) upon the lever and flick it up, to loose the grip, but this would be a totally awkward and incorrect grip position. I've always had adjustable levers and find them alright, but your experience is lucky and not a good experience.

Hands on the grips, and in a panic you instead of reaching over the lever and then closing your hand in a downward gripping fashion, suddenly throw your fingers straight out without lifting them. They'll contact the back side of the lever while pushing up as the fingers straighten.