Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 315688 times)

arturoh1 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #2390 on: March 25, 2020, 08:55:41 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Good work.  :028:
Interested to hear to your opinions about the screen.

+1 from me. Theres a question Ive been wondering about that screen for a while now, which is wether or not its taller than the Kawasaki tall screen. Perfect angle in the video shows that it is, so thats me pretty much sold on it. Stock screen made the wind hit my chest but the tall screen points it at my forehead. Just that little bit higher with the more bubble shape should make the wind pass over the top of my head.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #2391 on: March 26, 2020, 04:02:35 PM
Changed the coolant.
Out with green and in with the pink.

Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:03:42 PM by Cazzy_R
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #2392 on: March 26, 2020, 04:34:51 PM
Did you change the water hoses and O ring too as the manual calls for every 3 years? My bike is 3 years old in June, so getting close to needing a change.
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
Reply #2393 on: March 26, 2020, 05:21:33 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Did you change the water hoses and O ring too as the manual calls for every 3 years? My bike is 3 years old in June, so getting close to needing a change.

Nope.
I may be tempting fate but that sounds ridiculous.
Maybe if you live in death valley and your bike gets baked until the paint fades. But really?
Cazzy_R

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #2394 on: March 26, 2020, 05:45:41 PM
Nope.
I may be tempting fate but that sounds ridiculous.
Maybe if you live in death valley and your bike gets baked until the paint fades. But really?

Seems excessive to me too. Ill get some new hoses at some point, but when I do Ill go with Samco hoses as theyve got a lifetime guarantee.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
Reply #2395 on: March 26, 2020, 05:51:04 PM
Yeah. Sounds like a plan. 👍
Cazzy_R

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • OneOfTheNobodies
Reply #2396 on: March 26, 2020, 06:53:39 PM
Good work.  :028:
Interested to hear to your opinions about the screen.

I took the new windscreen for at spin on the highway today, speeds up to 130 km/h and it takes alot of the wind off my chest and some of my helmet, still windy but it helps .. I do not ride alot of highway (Its boring) but now I know it wount be a problem for longer trips  :047:
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline Simoncrp

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: LONDON
Reply #2397 on: March 27, 2020, 10:53:18 AM
*Originally Posted by RR [+]
Cutting it wouldn't be a big issue. Not looking to reweld the pipe haha. I have the same shield like you and will try to fabricate a way to put it on again.

I want to retain the cat to prevent it from popping etc.
Do you have a link to a linkpipe that retains the CAT but lets you cut out just the breadbox? I am also thinking of doing this but want to leave the CAT in. With the MTC pipe, you need to cut the CAT out as well.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
Reply #2398 on: March 27, 2020, 11:58:38 AM
*Originally Posted by Simoncrp [+]
Do you have a link to a linkpipe that retains the CAT but lets you cut out just the breadbox? I am also thinking of doing this but want to leave the CAT in. With the MTC pipe, you need to cut the CAT out as well.

See Reply #2381
Cazzy_R

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #2399 on: March 29, 2020, 06:40:54 PM
Given that were not allowed out for the time being, except for exercise once a day, today I took the kids for a walk with the dog. When I got home, put the pushchair back in the garage and thought, while Im here, Ill start the bike up and let it run for 10 minutes. Once she was warmed up, I thought it would be rude not to let the oil circulate a bit, so I rode to the end of my street and back, all of 500 yards. Thats about the only biking fix I can get for now :012:

Other than that, Ive ordered some Puig sport footpegs. Aside from the rubber on the stock pegs being horribly worn on the left side, hoping to gain a bit more leg room. Will post up pics once theyve arrived and Ive fitted them.