Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 351008 times)

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #2730 on: June 03, 2020, 04:52:30 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
I've had 2 cars and the bike done during lock down and it was dead easy. The bike garage was ONLY doing MOT's so I made an appointment and it was done while I waited.
 Yeah. All this 6 month extension is just additional confusion. You can be sure if you get pulled by the law or need to make an insurance claim during the extension period it's bound to be a ballache proving that your vehicle qualifies, blah, blah, blah. Just get it done mate.  :028:

Yeah the old bill and insurance are additional problems waiting to happen as well as the rush for mots and the possibility of the extension being cancelled. Will get it done as soon as I can. The other thing is that the extension puts it just before Christmas. Aside from that time of year being crap for riding unnecessarily, in the future if it fails, it could be a problem getting parts just before Christmas, not to mention the extra expense with presents to buy etc. Given that my bike is my year round transport for work, thats not ideal.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Reply #2731 on: June 05, 2020, 12:12:39 AM
I stopped to admire it while taking the long way home.  :034:

Online jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY
Reply #2732 on: June 05, 2020, 08:05:27 PM
Got the Leo Vince slip on installed today. All other mods done prior but here she is as she sits right now. More mods to come but I'm almost to the point where she's just how I want her and will be done.... for a while anyway :305: :152:

Online cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #2733 on: June 05, 2020, 09:28:05 PM
*Originally Posted by iBuchon [+]
I stopped to admire it while taking the long way home.  :034:

Wow those curves... man Im jealous
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Reply #2734 on: June 06, 2020, 03:48:33 PM
The Midwest isnt all farmland like people think. My wife is from the Toronto area and assumed it was all flat with no trees. :138:

Looking good Jaanpla!

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #2735 on: June 06, 2020, 10:29:24 PM
A little over 2 weeks and the Z will be 3 years old. Struggling to understand where 3 years went! Anyway, 3 litres of coolant ordered today for delivery at the start of the week. Thatll keep me busy for a little while at least. Anyone thats done a coolant change, is there anything to be aware of?
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #2736 on: June 06, 2020, 10:56:09 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
A little over 2 weeks and the Z will be 3 years old. Struggling to understand where 3 years went! Anyway, 3 litres of coolant ordered today for delivery at the start of the week. Thatll keep me busy for a little while at least. Anyone thats done a coolant change, is there anything to be aware of?

I've done mine.
I didn't take 2 litres never mind 3.
Takes a lot of flushing to get rid of the green tinge.
Have fun. Glad I'm not on a water meter.  :001:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline BartZ

• Z900 Member
Reply #2737 on: June 06, 2020, 11:28:32 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]

Same here, managed to get about 2.3 liters out of it.
Because the drain bolt is so small it takes forever to drain but apart from that its straight forward as per manual.
Kawasaki dealer sold me a yellow coolant as opposed to green as they said they use it on all their bikes.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #2738 on: June 06, 2020, 11:29:25 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
I've done mine.
I didn't take 2 litres never mind 3.
Takes a lot of flushing to get rid of the green tinge.
Have fun. Glad I'm not on a water meter.  :001:

Been looking through the process in the service manual. Ordered 3 litres as the manual said it takes 2.4. If it doesnt, then Ive got some spare to top up with. Wasnt expensive, so not overly bothered. How did you flush it? The stuff Ive ordered is a bright, translucent yellow as opposed to the green from stock.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #2739 on: June 07, 2020, 12:03:25 AM
 Because of the way the rad hoses both feed into the radiator it is actually worthwhile flushing the rad through with the drain plug out as you can entirely fill the rad with fresh water. i.e. It's not just taking a short route to the drain
 I filled the system entirely a couple of times with tap water and fired the motor for 10 seconds or so just to stir things up.
 Once I was happy the water was running clear I filled up with de-ionised water and ran it until the fan kicked in and out then drained.
 I think had to flush it some more because the green tinge re-appeared before running it up to temperature again with de-ionised water and then went for it with the ever so pretty fluorescent pink coolant.
 I was concerned about the compatibility of the coolant I was using so I did go over the top with the flushing.   
 If you are using a coolant that is compatible with other types then you wont need to be as OCD as I was.
 I had no problems with air locks and the level hasn't changed or required top up.
 What are you using? Silkolene Mag Cool?

Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.