Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 376557 times)

Offline hurricanepaines

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Westbury
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3120 on: July 14, 2020, 10:21:20 AM
A quick search of my bookmarks brought up fourdotdesignerplates. Looks like jdm are cheaper for small square plates though id be lying if I said I wasn't slightly tempted by the street fighter shape plate
https://www.fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk/motorcycle/

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #3121 on: July 14, 2020, 01:27:56 PM
*Originally Posted by hurricanepaines [+]
A quick search of my bookmarks brought up fourdotdesignerplates. Looks like jdm are cheaper for small square plates though id be lying if I said I wasn't slightly tempted by the street fighter shape plate
https://www.fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk/motorcycle/

I had a look at the website. The streetfighter and knee down shape plates look smart, but I checked the sizes and to still remain legal while achieving the shape, they end up quite big. The streetfighter is practically 9x7 and knee down is bigger than standard.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #3122 on: July 14, 2020, 08:18:52 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
I seem to recall you were fixated on fat bars way back then.
 Be aware these bars are a fair bit lower than stock. I'll take a dimension from the floor tomorrow.

990mm to the top of the grips.
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #3123 on: July 14, 2020, 09:20:13 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
990mm to the top of the grips.

Thanks, Ill go and have a measure and see what the difference is.
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #3124 on: July 14, 2020, 09:53:14 PM
Ok, just been out to the garage and had a measure. With me sat on the bike to hold it upright, floor to top of the grips is 1045mm, so your bars are 55mm lower than mine. Worth noting is that I have the standard bars rolled forward to try and reduce the pullback, which raised them slightly anyway.

Recently when Ive ridden the bike Ive been resting my wrists on the grips while seeing what position is more comfortable for my hands and also trying to hover my hands under the grips. Being more knuckles forward and slightly down swept would be a lot more comfortable and from my little on the go testing, Id already drawn the conclusion that just under where the grips are seems about right. The idea behind the risers and fatbar was for a more upright riding position, but Ive found that puts more pressure on the bottom of my spine/top of my arse and quickly gets numb if I stay sat up, but I dont really have enough room to lean further forward. Plus I dont think that position would go very well with the more sporty nature of the bike but rather a touring bike.

Knuckles forward, swept down a bit and a bit lower would give a bit more of a streetfighter/aggressive riding position which is what my previous bikes have been and I was comfortable with those. I find having my elbows out is more natural but stock forces my elbows in. Also you said in previous posts that the bars you fitted wouldnt be good for shorter people due to having to reach further forward. Given my height, reaching further forward means more room for me and the extra width of them would mean I was less cramped.

Going to give them a go, seems like they could make a good difference, and if not, theyre not expensive and at least Ill have a better idea of what Im looking for. Completely the other way to what I initially thought, but not doing it before might have worked in my favour.

Offline jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY
Reply #3125 on: July 14, 2020, 10:10:20 PM
Not a part for the Z but more for myself, but since I ride the Z maybe it's for the Z as well? :008: Needed a new lid so bought one and it finally came in! Good thing I don't care too much about being color coordinated since my Z is blue :001:

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #3126 on: July 14, 2020, 10:15:13 PM
How is it? Ive looked at the ruroc lids before but been put off by the fact you cant try them on anywhere. Plus reports of severely delayed shipping and quality control issues. I love the look of them but not being able to try the fit is disappointing.

Offline turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Dallas
Reply #3127 on: July 14, 2020, 10:19:18 PM
Re. the Ruroc... Looks good!  I've always liked their styling.  Listening to the TeaPotOne podcast with Chase On Two Wheels, it sounds like they going to release a new model helmet that may be quieter.

Offline jaanpla

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: JEFFERSON CITY
Reply #3128 on: July 14, 2020, 10:55:32 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
How is it? Ive looked at the ruroc lids before but been put off by the fact you cant try them on anywhere. Plus reports of severely delayed shipping and quality control issues. I love the look of them but not being able to try the fit is disappointing.

I love it! Yes, if you order right when they drop a new design you'll be waiting for what seems like forever. They are doing the second drop of the 2.0 on July 28th, but this one is from the first drop of the 2.0 and since they had the design and size I needed it took all of 2 days from time of order to showing up at my doorstep and I'm in the US! :028: Heck I can't even get stuff shipped that fast domestically let alone international.  :001:

2.0 addressed a lot of the quality issues. As for trying them on I agree with you but if you take a good measurement of your head and use their size chart it should work out well for you. The fit on mine is spot on! First time trying it on, much like any other brand it felt tight but after a few rides the cheek pads all formed to my face real well.

*Originally Posted by turbo_crispy [+]
Re. the Ruroc... Looks good!  I've always liked their styling.  Listening to the TeaPotOne podcast with Chase On Two Wheels, it sounds like they going to release a new model helmet that may be quieter.

I have had helmets in the past that are quieter than Ruroc but this one isn't bad at all. Yes you do get some wind noise. I imagine in the cooler months (spring/fall) it will be even quieter as I can afford to close the chin vent, that should reduce even more wind noise. Again if you're willing to wait a LONG time, or can get lucky and be one of the very first to order from the second drop of 2.0, they have some badass designs coming out!!
Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 10:56:52 PM by jaanpla

Offline turbo_crispy

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Dallas
Reply #3129 on: July 14, 2020, 11:28:15 PM
I took off the black frame covers last night to show more of the green frame more.  Never would of thought to do it.  I forgot who on here did it first, they also pulled the stickers off and had a pool under their tail.  Took the Z out for a spin at lunch today, and had this demolition derby happen in front of me while I waited at the red light to turn left. 

I will say I like the more exposed green frame.  If you look in the frame you can see where some of the tubes come together, like I can put my finger in there and feel the rear rail tubes where they mate up.  I have mixed feelings about that and feel I should plug up the big frame holes.  Like i don't know if they have small drainage holes that I don't know about.  Guess I'm just paranoid.